Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
Sangram
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Problems in signing BB10 Apps using CMD

[ Edited ]

Hi

I am having problems signing the BB10 apps. Following is the sequence of events I followed:

1. First I had earlier signing keys registered with my PC and I backed up those credentials.
2. I executed blackberry-signer -cskdelete to delete the earlier file.
3. blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass xxxxx
4. blackberry-signer -register -csjpin xxxxxxxxxx -cskpass xxxxx client-RDK-xxxxxxx.csj
5. blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx -dname "cn=xxxxxxx" -alias author
6. blackberry-signer BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx SampleApp.bar
7. But it prompted the following message 'Error:Enter Passphrase for keystore:'. Which password I am supposed to enter?
8. When I entered storepass created in step 5, it gave me the error as 'Error: Keystore load: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12 <The system cannot find the file specified>'. But I had created the p12 file with the name as 'BlackberryTen.p12'. What is this problem and how can I resolve this?
9. Just to try, I followed the earlier approach we followed for signing tablet apps.
10. blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass xxxxx -keystore BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx SampleApp.bar RDK
11. blackberry-signer -keystore BlackberryTen.p12 -storepass xxxxxxxxxx SampleApp.bar author
12. The bar file was signed successfully.
13. Is this the right way to sign the app for BB10? I have attached the same signed bar file here.

I am also having issues with the simulator, can anyone please try installing this signed bar and let me know if this works and would it be accepted in App world(I don't want to miss the deadline to claime some prize :-))?

The file is uploaded here

Thanks!

Sangram

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Problems in signing BB10 Apps using CMD

When running through those steps, make sure -cskpass and -storepass are the same.  They represent your keystore password.  But there is an easier way.  In the current tools those commands have been combined into one, so you can just use.

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <csj pin> 
    -storepass <KeystorePassword> <client-RDK-xxxxxx.csj file> 
    <client-PBDT-xxxxx.csj file>

Or you can use the BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sangram
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha
My Carrier: -

Re: Problems in signing BB10 Apps using CMD

Thanks for the reply!

I am using the same passwords as you suggested and getting the error. Even though I was able to sign the apps using the earlier approach, I want to understand if that would work.

I have signed and submitted the games using that approach.

Sangram

Please use plain text.