Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

Problems installing BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR v0.9.4 Beta (Mac)

Hi, I downloaded the latest SDK, but it won't install, after I unzip it, I double click on it, and the icon zooms out, but nothing happens.  How do I install it?

This is what I downloaded:

Downloading BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR v0.9.4 Beta (Mac)

Download Details
Software Name:BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR v0.9.4 Beta (Mac)
File Name:BlackBerryTabletSDK-Air-Installer-0.9.4-Mac-201102222031.zip
Download Size:70.643 MB
Published Date:03/13/2011
New Contributor

Re: Problems installing BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR v0.9.4 Beta (Mac)

I downloaded SDK v0.9.3 and that installs no problem, anyone else have problem installing v0.9.4 for the mac? 

I'm on Mac OS X v10.6.7

thanks,

Visitor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Problems installing BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR v0.9.4 Beta (Mac)

I can't seem to install it either. Were you able to fix it?

If I try launching it from terminal, I get the error:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

I've had no issues with 0.9.3 or 0.9.4 on my mac. I just downloaded and double clicked it to install...

Perhaps try deleting the file an re downloading. I know in the past users have clicked the right link but had the wrong file download from RIM so it could be an issue on their end.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
New Contributor

Yes, it's working now, the PC file (.zip) was being downloaded when you clicked on the MAC link, looks like the link was fixed . . and the correct file downloads and installs fine..