Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Retired
My Device: PlayBook

Problems installing BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS

Hi,

I worked through the tutorials for writing Adobe AIR apps on the PlayBook, and now I want to move on to the WebWorks SDK to see how that compares. Great job on the AIR tutorials btw!

Following through the "Getting Started Guide for Windows Developers" leads me to the "System requirements" page where it says:

Adobe AIR SDK 2.5 (http://www.adobe.com/go/getairsdk)

Note: This is included with Adobe® Flash Builder® 4.5 (http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs_flashbuilder_burrito)
During my journey throught the AIR SDK tutorials I already installed Adobe Flash Builder Burrito in the default location for Windows: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito", but I note that there's no Adobe AIR SDK 2.5 there, only 3.5.0 and 4.5.0 (and blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.2).
Sure enough, when I try to run BlackBerryWebWorksSDK.exe it asks for the location of the AIR SDK 2.5, and won't accept any of the SDKs in the burrito package.
What do I have to do to get this to work?
  • reinstall burrito in a location that contains no spaces in the path?
  • get the 2.5 sdk from Adobe and add it to the other sdks in burrito?
  • something else?
Thanks for your help,
Nick
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Re: Problems installing BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS

I think somebody was saying earlier that it does not like spaces in the directory name...

Wrong forum btw you suppose to post in WebWorks forum

Retired

Re: Problems installing BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS

Oops. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I just chose the only one that mentioned the Tablet in the title. I'll know better next time.

Anyway, I managed to get the WebWorks SDK installed.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Burrito, but it won't let you specify a path with no spaces (in Windows XP anyway). Whichever folder you choose, it creates a subfolder called "Adobe Flash Builder Burrito".

The solution was to download the Adobe AIR SDK 2.5 and extract it to a new folder under <burrito>\sdks and then point the WebWorks SDK to that one.

Hope I've saved someone else some time.

Nick