Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
mickeyt76
My Device: I don't have one

Problems signing an app

Hi everyone,

I wish my first post here could have been more positive, but unfortunately I'm having all sorts of problems trying to sign my game! I received my csj file today and continued to follow the instructions on this page:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23977/Configure_signing_for_tablet_application...

The first instruction is:

In the bbwp/bin folder, in the bbwp.properties file, remove the comment marks and add the company name

This is the first I've heard of it and there appears to be no trace of a "bbwp" file or folder on my computer anywhere, despite having the "blackberry-tablet-sdk" folder in my Flash Builder Burrito SDKs folder. What's also odd is that the second instruction tells me to run "blackberry-keytool":

From the "\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin" folder located in the BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK installation folder, run the RIM key tool to generate a developer certificate:

blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass <p12 password> -dname "cn=<company name>" -alias author

...which I do have, however, running this gives me the rather ambiguous error:

"The system cannot find the file specified."

Upon further investigation it looks as if I don't have the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK installed, so I downloaded "BlackBerry WebWorks SDK v1.5.1 setup.exe" but on running it I get the error:

Sun Microsystems Java Development Kit version 1.6.x or higher is required, please visit http://java.sun.com to install this componenet and try again.

This is particularly odd as I do have jdk1.6.0_24 installed, and typing "java -version" at the command prompt returns "java version '1.6.0_24' ". I've tried uninstalling anything Java related on my machine and just installing "jdk-6u24-windows-x64.exe", but the BB WW installer is still telling me that I need Java version 1.6.x or better. I've been looking in to this for a few days now and am completely at my wit's end! Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

Cheers,

Mike.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Problems signing an app

hey,

are you working on an Adobe AIR application or a WebWorks application? I can't figure out which one because you say u are using Flash Builder but downloaded the webworks sdk. The instructions on that page you are following is WebWorks stuff and not the Adobe AIR approach. Here is a link to the Adobe AIR signing instructions in case thats the type of project you are working on:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Signing_your_application_1422721_11.jsp

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mickeyt76

Thanks for the reply J! I now feel like an **bleep**. :smileywink: However, I started following those steps and was told that the PIN for my .p12 was incorrect (even though I'm sure I entered it correctly...), so I started again and am now getting the following error when trying to register the RIM certificate:

barsigner error: server error: Unable to register client 'xxxxxxxxx' because there are no more registration attempts. If you have already registered with this server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users.

This sounds pretty disastrous - am I going to have to go through the code signing registration process again, all because I appear to have got my password wrong?!

Cheers,

Mike.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

not a problem :smileyhappy:

how far down the steps did u initially go before errors started popping up? also assuming that the registration went through the first time, when you try to sign a packaged bar file, is that when u get the wrong password error? try different variations like putting the passowrd in single quotes and what not. worst case scenario you need to request new keys.

so i would defintiely request new keys today in the event something corrupted the database on your computer. that way if that was the case you wont have to wait longer for the problem to be fixed. so order the keys and then try using ur existing ones on your computer using the tips above to see if you can crack it. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mickeyt76

Sorry J, I think I'm starting to lose it - I think I somehow registered my previous .p12 with the Android version of the same app that I'm developing. I think I need to go and lie down. Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have to start the registration process again. Having spent the last few years developing Flash games where just about anything goes, this is an utter nightmare! Anyway, thanks for the help, and I'll let you know if I have any luck. :smileywink:

Cheers,

Mike.

Please use plain text.