Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
Sangram
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha

Problems submitting signed version

I have signed the app as required and wish to sumbit this to app world. The previous version is still under QA though.

As instructed, I added a bundle, enterd the name as app_signed.bar I selected Platform as Tablet. But when I select platform as Tablet, I get only one option as Min. OS as '1.0.0'. But according to mail we received, we are supposed to enter Minimum OS to 6.

I am not sure if I should add bundle with Platform Tablet and OS as 1.0.0.

Can anyone help please!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Re: Problems submitting signed version

Any chance they've changed it to actually reflect the first version of the tablet OS?
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sangram
My Device: BB10-Dev Alpha

So, would be it safe to go ahead and submit this way?

I don't want, they do reply saying it is wrong submission after 15th of March :-)

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

[ Edited ]

I think you're ok. I'm submitting mine with tablet OS 1.0.0 selected. I think this is a sign of RIM making some back end changes to the App World Vendor Portal, like they had mentioned they would earlier this week. Probably also a sign we're getting closer to launch!

EDIT: I can confirm that this is exactly what you should be seeing when you submit your app as my previous submission has been changed in app world (even though it was approved almost a month ago) to show that it was released for the BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.0.0, not 6.0.0 like I had originally selected.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

I, too, can confirm this is correct as I submitted changes last night around 11-ish and my app was re-approved around 3:45am. This newest version was for v1.0.0 of the Tablet OS.

Not only was I surprised by the blazingly quick turnaround time, but also by the time of day of the latest approval.

I do believe they have whipped into a frenzy over there and take it as an excellent sign. I am hoping there are a large volume of approvals coming our way this week.
--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

The original app world instructions wanted us to select 6.0.0 version and the device of "PlayBook".  If it worked by selecting 1.0.0, then things have changed.  Just wanted to let you know what the original instructions were.  At the time, getting the vendor portal to work with BAR files was a work around.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

jtegen wrote:

The original app world instructions wanted us to select 6.0.0 version and the device of "PlayBook".  If it worked by selecting 1.0.0, then things have changed.  Just wanted to let you know what the original instructions were.  At the time, getting the vendor portal to work with BAR files was a work around.

Yes, you are correct.  However, your Platform choices are now Smartphone and Tablet.  If you choose Tablet then the Minimum OS choice is only 1.0.0.

It does appear that they have made changes after they sent out the email last week.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Do you think we're going to have to resubmit once again?  Or will having the app device set to PlayBook be sufficient?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

jtegen wrote:

Do you think we're going to have to resubmit once again?  Or will having the app device set to PlayBook be sufficient?

Have the device set to PlayBook will be sufficient as the system automatically changed my previous approved app from 6.0.0 to 1.0.0. I'm glad they've finally set it up as a different Operating System.

- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.