Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Re: Problems with compiling/running app that uses qnx.fuse components

I went to:

http://webchat.freenode.net/

... but I'm not actually sure how to use the web interface :smileyhappy:  How do I join a channel?  I tried looking for documentation but couldn't find any.

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Just enter a nickname you want to use and that you think will be unique, optionally enter the IRC channel you want to join (e.g. #BlackBerryDev), and enter the captcha text and you should be in.  If you happen to pick a nickname that is reserved and/or in use the system will prompt you to try a different one.  If you sign on to freenode w/out joining a channel you can use "/join <channel_name>" to join a channel.  If you're unfamiliar w/IRC commands just Google for "IRC tutorial" and/or read the WIkipedia article.  Also, once you're signed on to freenode you can type "/help" and dig in to online help that way.  The #BlackBerryDev channel usually has plenty of folks signed on and willing to help.

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

BTW one thing you might check is your entry point type in your .bar manifest.  See this old

discussion for what to check:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Adobe-AIR-Development/HOWTO-Compile-and-Debug-without-Flash-B...

Note again that the posts are from the timeframe of the 0.9.x beta SDK's, and blackberry-airpackager has changed since then.  But the part about how to check your entry point type may help.