Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Super Contributor
JeffLemon
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Properly Signed?

How can I tell if my app has been properly signed through Flash Builder?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Please use plain text.
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Properly Signed?

[ Edited ]

Through Flash Builder, it hasn't been, because Flash Builder won't sign apps properly right now. You have to do it by command line.

Also, you can tell by opening up the bar file (it opens like a zip) and looking for the signed files in the META-INF directory. If you just have the manifest file in there, it's not signed. You should have 4 (I think) other files in there.

Instructions here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Sign-your-Applications-from...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bvictorio
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Any

ajerman, Thanks.  I didn't even know FlashBuilder doesn't work.  I used it to sign and didn't get any error messages.  I even followed BlackBerry's docs here.  But you are right, there is only the manifest file under Meta-INF.  

Please use plain text.
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

Yeah, it doesn't give you any error or anything so you'd never know it didn't work unless you read the support forums. Hopefully they get that fixed soon.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheWakeUpCall

I don't understand because I have all of the signing files in META-INF but I did it through Flash Burrito? It looks like mine signed ok.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
NormanF
My Device: 9700

Burrito appeared to sign my code corectly too.  I guess I'll know for sure in a few days if I get an email saying to sign it again.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TheWakeUpCall

If it hasn't signed correctly, or there are other minor flaws in the application and you need to resubmit, does this invalidate you from the Playbook offer?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@TheWakeUpCall, almost certainly not, if they're really minor.  They've said they'll work with the last-minute arrivals to resolve such problems "on a case-by-case basis".  Most of us infer from that that if they think you've made a genuine effort and the problems can be resolved without taking enormous effort or time, they'll let you resubmit possibly a few times to iron things out.  Obviously they have to draw the line somewhere, but they're trying hard to be reasonable and fairly tolerant. Also, signing has never been required for approval (yet), only for posting for sale after it's approved.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
bba
My Device: Not Specified

I also signed with burrito and it looks like it's signed it has the 4 extra files in the manifest folder. So is this sure now that my app is signed? Or are there any other criteria to check?
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

It's signed...

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.