Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
berryawesome
My Device: Not Specified

Publishing issues/.bar file content

Hello Everyone,

I'm ready package my app into a .bar file and sign it. The problem I'm having is that signing through Burrito is creating a .bar file without all the swc files used by my project.

The .bar file inside bin-debug contains all assets. With this in mind:

1)Can I use the bar file generated when running the app in the simulator (the one in bin-debug) and sign it through the CLI?

2)If not, can I use the swf in bin-debug and package it with the rest of the files (including the swc files) into the .bar file?

3) The project is currently referencing the swc files inside the bin-debug folder. Could this be the issue? If so, what's the best place to store all assets so that Burrito packs them into the .bar file?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Publishing issues/.bar file content

Yes to question 1 but you might want to add the "-debug=False" flag to your compilter arguments first then run the command line tools to package and sign the app. If you want more information there are a number of posts dealing with exactly this.

Please use plain text.
Developer
berryawesome

Thanks for the info, but it still didn't work. What I ended up doing was publishing the app on Flash Builder without signing it so that I would get a production bar file. I then extracted the swf and packaged it (through the CLI) with the rest of the files needed. I was able to sign and install the bar file generated.

I still don't know why flash builder would not package the swc files on the production bar but it did on the debug one.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
macwarrior
My Device: None
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I had a similar problem with PNG files not being included, apparently due to a bug in Flash Builder. I basically just unzipped the bar, stuck the proper files in place, and zipped it back up and haven't bothered with signing yet :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Developer
berryawesome

Ahhh, I might try that approach next time. The only reason why I signed it was to be able to install it on the simulator and test the bar file before submitting it. The sim would not allow me to install the bar unless it was signed and I wanted to make sure all resources would be accessed correctly.

Please use plain text.