Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA

QNXStageWebView + Context Bar

Howdy folks,

I'm hoping someone who has more BB10 experience than me can help with this.  I hope the gurus have some information.

I'm having problems getting tabs working using QNXStageWebView in AS3 using Flash Builder and the gold release for BB10 to build out Secure Browser using the BB10 SDK.

In the PlayBook release, I could control TABS in the context menu via:

YourVar.addEventListener(OpenWindowEvent.OPEN_WINDOW,launchTabWindow);

This does not work in BB10.  In fact, when you use the Context Menu to "open in a new tab" none of the events seem to be triggered.  To make it worse, it looks like QNXStageWebView is locked down and can't be extended to pull more information.

Is this a bug?  Or have they changed how Open in New Tab works?  The Context menu looks *very* poorly designed for the QNXStageWebView class and some of the events such as Bookmarks also does not work and can't seem to be invoked.

Does anyone have some experience in this regard?  Am I missing something obvious?  I'm thinking some functionality is missed here...

Cheers,

Ed 

Developer
KermEd

Re: QNXStageWebView + Context Bar

For now, I've disabled tabs in the XML. 

This will leave some Secure Browser clients angry at BB10 release - but after testing last night I still can't find anyway to get Open in New Tab working or to get a better looking context menu (right now all the context menu items are lower case with _ instead of spaces)

Developer
KermEd

[ Edited ]

So, after more testing - it looks like the Context Menu for QNXWebStageView was not finished.  It does not throw events.  It cannot be changed.  Which means there is no way to handle the bookmark_page button or the open_new_tab button.  Nor is there anyway to add the missing context menu buttons, correct the text, or really do anything to resolve the context menu issues.

For now, I'm putting a pop-up in my app that notifies the user these are bugs in the API and can't be resolved and links to this forum post so the users can see the responses (if there are any) from RIM.  Its the only way I can find to put the app out there without getting flooded by complaints.

If anyone finds a way to overcome these issues with QNXWebStageView and the context menu - I'd be happy to hear em

... meanwhile: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-657

Cheers,

Ed.

Retired
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

I've escalated this to the SDK team.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
New Contributor
lsummers
My Device: Does it matter?

So, its been escalated for 6 months.  Still not a peep and still an iasue in the current SDK.  My star app for BBRY is still greatly crippled.  Any chance of an update ??