Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
tom229
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

QNXStageWebView bug in SDK 1.0.1

There seems to be a bug in Tablet OS SDK 1.0.1 preventing me from using the qnx.media.QNXStageWebView class.

VerifyError: Error #1014: Class qnx.media::QNXStageWebView could not be found.

qnx-air.swc is in the path libraries linked externally and the code passes all compiler checks. The above error gets spit out at runtime.

Is there a known work around for this? I'm using the old flash.media.StageWebView in the meantime but it's not nearly sufficient.

Or is there any way developers could have access to older sdk's or perhaps newer beta ones. Most resources on the internet that have this working are using the old 0.9.x SDK packages and there doesnt seem to be an area to download different versions of the AIR SDK on the blackberry website.

Contributor
tom229

Re: QNXStageWebView bug in SDK 1.0.1

........... ok.... I've solved it after about 8 hours and there is NO WHERE on the internet with problem right now so I'm posting the solution.

Essentially when RIM says "Note: the simulator is now packaged with the SDK. Use this download only if you haven’t downloaded the SDK" they are LYING!!!

NO calls to qnx-air.swc will run with the built-in simulator in Tablet OS SDK 1.01. You HAVE to manually download the vmware image, run it VMWare Player, and deploy your apps to the device that way.

Srsly, I know you guys are busy but stop releasing things half done. Release them when they are fully done. </rage> 

Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

The VMWare IS included in the download. It's located in the Flash Builder-sdk-directory and Apps using qny-air.swc WILL work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Contributor
jaimotwani
My Device: Playbook and Blackberry Torch

you can find the .vmx file at the following location "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-1.0.1\Blackberry Playbook Simulator 1.0" if you have changed the installation folder find at the respective location.

In vmware you have to click on Open a Virtual Machine and open the .vmx file.

Regarding QNXStageWebView, it works fine. I think you are not importing it properly. Just cross check on that.

Contributor
tom229

For me in flash builder buritto with sdk 1.0.1 in run/debug there's two Launch methods. With 1.0.1 you can choose "On desktop" and choose "Blackberry Playbook" from the list. This is where it will NOT work. You have to install VMWare player and deploy your app to the virtual machine as "on device". This is the only way qnx-air.swc calls will work at runtime. I assumed the "packaged simulator" they boasted about was this, but it's not. You must run all programs referencing classes frim qnx-air in the full VMWare image by deploying to device. Strangely all other qnx libraries will execute just fine using the "on desktop" simulator.

This needs to be better explained and I hope it helped someone.