Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
noahnu
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS
Accepted Solution

RIM Certificate to Submit app?

[ Edited ]

Hello, my app is ready for release! I am using Adobe Flash Builder Burrito as my IDE. When I choose to export the blackberry app I am given the options to create/load a Development certificate and to create a RIM certificate.

Are these necessary in order for me to submit my app to the app world to qualify for the free Playbook offer?

How do I create a Development certificate (.p12) on my Windows computer (on Mac there is a utility called Keychain)?

Is the RIM certificate the same as the "Java" Code Signing Key? How do I obtain that?

EDIT: Also: When I submit my app is that the final step to get my app in the app world? I will either get a message approving or rejecting my app, if it is approved then it will automatically be available on the app world when the Playbook is released?

From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: RIM Certificate to Submit app?

hey noah,

at this point you are not required to sign your application because a process to do so doesnt exist. you are to submit your app unsigned. so just follow the steps u were taking minus the signing part.

here is a thread to walk you through the steps if you need confirmation:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Building-application-for-submissi...

the steps are on a mac but should be close to the steps required on a windows machine.

and yes after you submit ur app ur in the pool (large pool) of people waiting to have their apps approved. as for having it in the playbook initially after a user purchases the device, i havent heard anything about that being a possibility. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
noahnu

Thanks, I guess I am waiting now.

P.S. I read that the playbook offer has been extended to March 15th. Is there any disadvantage if I were to wait until early March before submitting my app? In that month I would be able to add a great number of features which I planned to add in updates.

From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

i cant give you anything definitive about waiting till the week of to submit your app because i dont know how or what things will change in the real world that far along down in time. it may or may not be a good thing to wait. if you app is good and you yourself would download and use it in the current state i say submit it. you can always add things later on down the road and you will also need to re-submit your app after it gets approved because it needs to be signed for the final device.

from what i've read people here have submitted updates and they were approved along with their original submission. again, i dont know the exact answer, but maybe that'll help shed some light. decision is up to you! good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Noahnu,

It's your call but I'm submitting mine now and plan to use the next month to add content, features, and polish it up. Just my 2¢
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
noahnu

"add content, features, and polish it up"

When you do add these changes do you send them in to RIM to be reviewed again?

From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

All new versions have to be resubmitted to the Vendor Portal for review prior to it being available to the marketplace.  Depending on the timing, you might resubmit with the new features when signing of the app becomes available.

Please use plain text.
Developer
noahnu

When I submit my app if it gets accepted do I get a certificate/code or something that will allow me to submit my app to appworld?
From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

(someone correct me if I'm wrong)

When your app gets approved you are able to control distribution of it through your vendor portal. By submitting it for review you are submitting it to App World.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.