Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
chgraham
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

RIM... URGENT... Vendor Portal Password Reset

RIM:

I've been requesting Vendor Portal Password Reset information

for the past 4 days and have received no response.

I want to submit my PlayBook app ASAP, and I'm dead in the water without being able to access my Vendor Portal account (yeah, I forgot one of my 8,123 passwords).

I've no idea why I haven't received a response to my repeated online request at

https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/home/login.seam?pageIndex=1&cid=65213

in particular

https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/home/forgot.seam?pageIndex=1&cid=65684

but if someone official can help in this regard, thanks in advance.

Please send me a PM if you require more information (such as my login email address).

Please use plain text.
New Developer
ElectricGrandpa
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RIM... URGENT... Vendor Portal Password Reset

[ Edited ]

I have a similar problem. 

I registered for the Vendor Portal a couple weeks ago... Now I'm trying to go back in to submit my app. No matter what password I use, I can't log in.

I tried reseting my password, which sends me an email, and then I go to the password reset screen and set the new password. Unfortunately, that new password still doesn't work. I've tried this twice today and nothing happens. 

Please help fix this RIM.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey,

sorry to hear about your problems. have you guys tried using a different browser? sometimes one works and the others dont. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ElectricGrandpa
My Device: Not Specified

Unfortunately nope. Tried Firefox, IE, and Chrome, all of them failed. This is getting kind of ridiculous. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ElliotMebane
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

I'm also experiencing this. Can't login to the portal, resetting password doesn't work.

I've tried Firefox 3.6.15 and Safari (Mac OS X 10.6)

BTW: This is a note at the bottom of the login page when trying to use Safari. According to the note, my Firefox browser should work.

NOTE: This site is only supported on Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or newer as well as Mozilla Firefox 3 or newer. Using any other browser may have unexpected effects such as missing or broken functionality. For compatibility reasons, please use one of the previously mentioned browsers to navigate this website.

PlayBook App: Flash Performance Tester
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/38476
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chgraham
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

This problem has been resolved in my particular case.

While doing much concurrent hoop-jumping, I mistakenly thought that I had actually registered for the V.P., whereas I had in fact not done so. :Oops:

Now, it's all good.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ElliotMebane

I'm fairly sure I do have a vendor account, or at-least I've started one. 

-- When I do a password reset, I receive the email and reset the password.

-- When I try to register a new account with the same Company name or email address I'm told that an account already exists using that name/email address.

I have submitted a note to RIM yesterday and am hoping for a reply today so I can submit my app.

If I have to, I'll set up another account, but I'd rather submit my app under the original account with the correct company name.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

It can be a little confusing, because there are basically 3 different accounts here. There's your forum account, obviously. I have that one linked to Facebook. Then there's the Developer Zone account to get into there and download SDKs and tools and such. Then there's the Vendor Portal, which has it's own account to actually submit apps.

I did the same thing myself when I was starting. I had a developer zone account but forgot about the vendor portal. Make sure you're using the right account for the right page.

I'm fairly sure I do have a vendor account, or at-least I've started one. 

-- When I do a password reset, I receive the email and reset the password.
-- When I try to register a new account with the same Company name or email address I'm told that an account already exists using that name/email address.

I have submitted a note to RIM yesterday and am hoping for a reply today so I can submit my app.

If I have to, I'll set up another account, but I'd rather submit my app under the original account with the correct company name.

Did you ever finish the process? Did you send in your notorized paperwork or a copy of your drivers license? If not, then the login won't work until this is completed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ElliotMebane

-- Yes, I'm trying to access the correct portal (Vendor).

-- I created all the accounts with the same email and login credentials to avoid any confusion. When I did the password reset I did it from the Vendor portal so I know I'm working with the right access credentials for that portal.

-- No, I haven't finished the process by submitting a scan of my drivers' license. I don't know how to resume the application process (to submit the drivers' license scan) -- I've been assuming that logging-in to the portal would forward me to a page where I could resume my application.

In the meantime I've tried a Win XP system with IE and Firefox -- no luck accessing via the Windows platform either.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

You should have gotten an email that said something like this:

If you are a Company:
§  Official documentation to validate your company information (ex. Articles of Incorporation, Business License etc). 

If you are an Individual:
§  A copy (front and back) of an official Government Issued Identification, clearly showing your name and date of birth.

OR

§  The completed Notary Form attached. Anyone certified as a Notary can complete this for you (check your local listings).

Documentation can be returned by:
Email: BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@rim.com
OR
Fax: 1-519-883-7724

For further information and a complete list of Research In Motion’s criteria for vendor acceptance, please visit https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/home/guidelines.seam?cid=203494.

You'll need to complete that process via email or fax and have it approved before you can log in. Only issue is, I'm afraid you're going to miss the deadline unless you do it now and get lucky and get approval tomorrow in time to submit. And when I mean do it now, I mean you better drop what you're doing and run to a scanner. I sent a copy of my license Monday morning and got approval the next day. you might still make it.

If you didn't get those emails (I got multiple notices to send my info in to complete registration because I initially registered last year even, but didn't activate until this week), check your spam folder.

Please use plain text.