Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
insultcomicdog
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Random Flash Builder Error related to "qnx-screen" swc

[ Edited ]

Hey All,

It's been about 8 months since I last published my PlayBook app...It's been a long time since, so I'm a bit rusty...

I'm trying to see of my source code compiles with the newest SDK.

I downloaded the 2.0 simulator, updated the OS on my Tablet to 2.0 and installed the new Tablet OS Beta 2.0 SDK.

I'm trying to get my app up and running and I'm getting this error:

"Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
unable to open '/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/sdks/RIM/blackberry-tablet-sdk-2.0.0/frameworks/libs/qnx-screen'    PaperRobo        Unknown    Flex Problem"

I'm using a Mac and running Flash Builder 4.5

I'm using the Flex 4.5.1 SDK...and it looks like all the appropriate Blackberry tablet SDK swcs are linked properly...See screen shot:

Screen Shot 2012-01-22 at 9.28.46 PM.png

Any ideas what's wrong here?

Also looks like QNXApplicationEvent doesn't exist anymore?

I also tried creating a new project from scratch and get the same Flash Builder error

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
jdolce

Re: Random Flash Builder Error related to "qnx-screen" swc

Sunil,

Remove all of the qnx-* swc's from your project and re-add them using the "Add platform specific libraries" checkbox.

It is under Project > Properties > ActionScript Build Packaging > BlackBerry Tablet OS.

We changed the location of some of the code to different .swc's in the last Beta.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
insultcomicdog

So I removed all the QNX swcs...and re-added them using the "Add platform specific libraries" checkbox.

But I still get the same error.

When I create a new project. That error actually only shows up after I select the "Add platform specific libraries" checkbox.

Should I try re-installing the beta SDK? Maybe I got a bad build.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

You can also try creating a dummy new project with the new parameters selected to see if you get the errors. Sometimes when the underlying IDE or configuration changes, the older project files do not fully understand the new configuration so creating a new project and copying the source files over is the cleanest way. In this case, if the new dummy project results in no errors, then create a new project for your app and copy the files over. Good to keep the old one around for a while -- just in case.
Please use plain text.
jdolce

I don't think there is anything wrong with your build. Try creating a new project like

s/libs/qnx-screen'

Should actually be '/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/sdks/RIM/blackberry-tablet-sdk-2.0.0/framework

s/libs/qnx/qnx-screen

If you do this don't forget to make the qnx-air.swc marked as external.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
insultcomicdog

[ Edited ]

I get this error even when I create a brand new dummy project from scratch.

I re-downloaded and install the beta SDK just to make sure.

I'm not sure why Flash Builder is setting these deprecated paths when you check the "Add platform specific libraries" checkbox.

I was able to to fix the error manually by fixing these paths:

/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/sdks/RIM/blackberry-tablet-sdk-2.0.0/frameworks/libs/blackberry

/Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5/sdks/RIM/blackberry-tablet-sdk-2.0.0/frameworks/libs/qnx

Here's my setup now:

Screen Shot 2012-01-23 at 11.21.57 AM.png

I also manually changed the QNX swcs to be linked as external.

The project is compiling standalone fine now...Will try it in the simulator and device shortly.

Thanks,

Sunil

Please use plain text.
jdolce

You are using Flash Builder 4.5.1 correct? Did you update your plugins through the update site? It sounds like the plugin isn't installed correctly, but the SDK is.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
insultcomicdog

[ Edited ]

I was using Flash Builder 4.5. I did mod the config ini and am pretty sure I updated the plugin. I did whatever was on the last page of the Tablet SDK installation instructions.

After setting all the swc paths manually and setting them as external...I got rid of all the Flash Builder errors....

But then I had got a new error when I tried to compile...

"VerifyError: Error #1014: Class mx.core::BitmapAsset could not be found."

Might be related to this not sure:

http://www.actionscripterrors.com/?p=49

My final fix which was a bit radical but worked in the end...Clean uninstall C5.5...Reinstall CS5.5 except for Flash Builder and. Install Flash Builder 4.6. Re-install Tablet OS Beta 2.0 SDK.

When I made a new Actionscript Mobile Project and checked "Add platform specific libraries" the swc paths were correct and there were no errors. Was able to reploy to Tablet too...

Now to write some apps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mehrozetkxel
My Device: 9000 developer
My Carrier: developer

Hello every one 

I am getting the same problem that is "

Description Resource Path Location Type
unable to open 'C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\blackberry-tablet-sdk-2.0.0\frameworks\libs\qnx-screen' 

"

but the solution you all gave didnt help me , i am attaching a screen shot for better understanding for u guys, may be there is something i am missing

postingquestionimage.jpg

I have also made a new project but the same error comes again.

Please use plain text.
jparnell
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

I'm not sure if you are still having this problem, but I had the same issue. Notice that have qnx-screen.swc and also a folder that ends in qnx-screen. I had that as well. I removed the folder and all was well.
Please use plain text.