Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Realtime Earnings

Hey devs,

Several months ago I posted on these forums about tracking earnings and someone pointed me to distimo.com, which has been hugely useful. Something that I've always wished is that distimo.com had some way to track earnings in realtime. On any given day it's nice to know how your earnings are doing. The vendor portal allows that, but it's a pain to generate graphs for each of your products, and that still doesn't tell you what the total is.

I had a zany idea some time ago that it would be fun to have a PlayBook app that would do that: Log into vendor portal for you, generate graphs for all of your products, read the graphs, and sum up the total. As a fun twist I thought it would be cute to have it update that data and then play the sound of a coin falling into a piggy bank each time someone spends a dollar on an app.

Since I like a challenge I tried implementing the app recently and have got it working. It has been fun to use. I put my PlayBook in the rapid charge stand and then run the app during the day so that at a glance I can see how things are doing, and it's fun to hear the coin clinks as revenue comes in.

Perhaps other devs would enjoy it too.

I plan to release it on App World in the next few days. It will be called "Realtime Earnings".

But it would be nice to have a few people try it out before then, to make sure it works for other people too. If you'd be interested, send me an email at:

daniel.bigham.software@gmail.com

... and I'll email you the BAR file.

Thanks!
Daniel

Developer
greenback
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Re: Realtime Earnings

It is very depressing when your app world earnings are < $20. Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.

Developer
dbigham
My Device: Z10, PlayBook

Developer
greenback
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

Per month.