Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Referencing the SDK with FlashDevelop correctly?

Hi,

I've setup my working environment after I've installed Win 8. FlashDevelop was installed and everything works fine.

Only one exeption:

I've installed FD 4.2.2 and referenced in the programm settings under as3 context the blackberry sdk at installed flex sdks. It's the only SDK which is listed there.  The same applies for the project properties. Just the blackberry sdk, nothing else.

When I open up the hello world example which is using the qnx.fuse.ui.text.Label Class it is not available. I copied the corresponding qnxui.swc file to my projects lib path and added it to the Library.

After I build and installed my bar file with the Graphical Aid on my DevAlpha A I get a blank white screen. I like that it works somehow but I'm asking myself how do I add all the swc files by default?

Thanks

lrrm

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Referencing the SDK with FlashDevelop correctly?

Did you include the Skin and Device ANEs? Not certain how in FDT, but that is probably your issue.
Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm

that would be an option. I've added following swc files to my library from the D:\RIM\blackberry-tablet-sdk-3.0.0\frameworks\libs folder:

qnx/ane/QNXDevice.ane

qnx/ane/QNXNetwork.ane

qnx/ane/QNXSensors.ane

qnx/ane/QNXSkins.ane

qnx/qnxmedia.swc

qnx/qnxui.swc (which contains the required label class)

blackberry/blackberry.swc

blackberry/ane/BlackberryPushService.ane

it does not work. Must I write something in the application xml? 

if found this in the application.xml

<extensions>
<extensionID>qnx.fuse.ui.skins.QNXSkins</extensionID>
</extensions>

but shouldn't this do the job?

thanks

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm

doh! I made a big mistake. I named the class and the constructor function differently. Great success ...

Please use plain text.