Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Release 4 of Community Library

Release 4 of the AS3 community library is available at Google code.

http://code.google.com/p/playbook-as3-lib/

Version 4:

• Expanded TabletApplication classes (root class instead of Sprite base class) 
    • Encapsulated system resource requests and release
    • Keep awake
    • Get application name from –app.xml file during runtime
  • New Database class that encapsulates a lot of the SQLite API calls.  Allows for data file schema changes.
  • New TextArea class that replaces the old TextArea class.  The new class allows for dynamic resizing and scrolling of the contents.  The old TextArea class has been renamed to TextAreaBasic that allows for fixed height text area typing.
  • TextInput class now has the same API as the QNX TextInput control in dealing with keyboard type assignment and return type label.
  • Text controls new default to the new OS default font family.

We are setting up a blog that can deal with the use of the library in more detail.  There is a basic API PDF document.  If you have specific questions and suggestions, please post or email direct.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Release 4 of Community Library

hey John,

thanks for another update -- done fantastic job with it -- i remember the library in its infant state :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

I like this lib a lot. I hope we get lots and lots more stuff in it (note to self: add more stuff to it). Great Job! Kudos!

Please use plain text.
Developer
p3pp3r
My Device: Torch 9800, PlayBook

Hey jtegen,

I've implemented your library - kudos for it!

Couple of questions / observations:

1 - when I reach bottom of the text area while typing the window does not automatically scroll up, instead the cursor dissapears beyond the bottom border of the box and the entire stage area is slowly shifting up as i hit return to go to the next line.

2 - the scoll bar should stop just below the X symbol, instead it goes over it.

3 - the control does not appear to support htmlText property.... I have controls with HTML tags and when I switch to text property it displays them instead of rendering.

Otherwise it looks really really great and its awesome you're filling the gap !!!

----------
If you find this post helpful please "like" it and accept as a solution.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

1. I could not figure out a good way that when the user is at the end of the list and they are typing, the list will scroll to the bottom. Capturing the current location and the current string length did not seem to work. If you or anyone else can figure that out, please let me know to include it. Plus I did not spend too much time on it.

2. I dont have control the the scroll pane vertical offset of the scroll bar. Either the 'x' will have to be above the list (and have a odd gap) or it would have to be inset (and have an odd gap). If you can think of an alternative, please let me know.

3. You should be able to set that to the textField object inside the control. If it was an over site, it can easily be added. I have a note to myself to verify and add it.

Thanks for the comments.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyprune
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the update. How can I add content to your library? Are you interested in contributors? I have an easy-to-use popover class, some custom pickers and a runtime analysis control that I would like to contribute. It would be great if we all could share some snippets and controls to get better quality apps :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

jtegen, thank you for the library! What a great contribution!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

If you have production ready, clean code that you would like to be included, just send it in. Since this is new to me (open source library), I will review it and test it. I am working on a "start" app that will show all the elements of the library and be a simple way for new developers to start building apps.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
sberfield
My Device: Playbook Developer

Really great stuff. Thanks for the generous work!

Two apps and counting:
Video Poker: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/33870
Classic Slots: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/40279
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThomasOnWeb
My Device: Playbook

To answer your first issue:

Textfield should be autosize and when you reach the bottom it should be moved upwards (so decrease y-position with the line height of the latest created line.

As long as the cursor is above keyboard and in plain sight, the app shouldn't move up

But believe me, easier said then done. I struggled with it big time for my application: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/35103?lang=en (The implementation as described is used as of my app version 1.0.2 - currently awaiting approval)

----
Playbook Apps: Notes
Please use plain text.