Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
flimsy
My Carrier: Wi-Fi

Re: Release 4 of Community Library

@ThomasOnWeb: so thats your app! Cool. I was looking at the screen shots in App World last night and wondering how it was done ;-)

@jtegen: Thank you for the library. Outstanding. I am not able however to access the textField object insite the TextArea. It does not appear to exist.

@p3p3r: I'm having the same problem (cursor disapearing) so please let me know once you figure this out.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Carrier: Verizon

The new text area classes used ScrollPane to scroll the contents, so it got tricky to know when it was at the end of the text and out of site. Just one of those things that will take some playing with.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

@flimsy: If you look at the code, it is probably private. Make that public and you should be OK. It is on my list to fix that and allow for HTML text.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
flimsy
My Carrier: Wi-Fi

jtegen wrote:
@flimsy: If you look at the code, it is probably private. Make that public and you should be OK. It is on my list to fix that and allow for HTML text.

Yea - Going through the code now ;-) Thank you

Please use plain text.
Developer
sergeh
My Carrier: Rogers

Haven't had the chance to play around with this library but it does look promising.

One quick question though, are there any plans to move this to git? I find it so much easier to collaborate there, we'd be able to send you pull requests whenever we add features or fix bugs, much more convenient than sending you files every time something has been modified.

--
Bitbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Not yet. See where the library goes and the amount of interest in it. If it does, then anything is possible. Suggestions like this helps.
Please use plain text.
Developer
sergeh
My Carrier: Rogers

Great! I'll be following the evolution of the library closely and will try to contribute when I have spare time
--
Bitbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

My next push to to have a full sample app that works the library so when things are added , it will be simple to test. Plus, give new developers a working application as a foundation.
Please use plain text.
Developer
shawnblais

Please use plain text.