Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
germama
My Device: Not Specified

Release Build different to Debug Build

I expected a release build to be equal to the debug build except the debug information. I exported my app through "Project / Export Release Build" and inspected the resulting bar file, which is different compared to my debug bar.

There are some PNG files directly in the source folder which are exported to the debug bar but not to the release bar, which breaks my app. Is there a special switch to include certain file types in the release build explicitly?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Release Build different to Debug Build

The Export Release Build should display a wizard that allows you to seelct which files are to be included.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
germama
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Release Build different to Debug Build

I selected all files in this wizard. Maybe the problem is somewhere else .... I have an empty package lets say "com.foo" where I copy a PNG file. When looking at the bin-debug folder, I can see a folder com containing a folder foo containing the PNG file. When renaming the BAR file to ZIP, I can inspect all the contents of the BAR file, and as expected, the PNG file is contained there with the correct folder structure just as the SWF file.

But: when exporting a release build, this folder structure doesn't get created in the bin-release folder and hence also not copied to the BAR file.

Solution:

When building "bin-release" all PNGs (and all Embedded files) are merged into the SWF directly. But in "bin-debug" these files get copied to the BAR additionally, which confused me.

Please use plain text.