Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
flexomaniac
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Removing AIR Apps from the Emulator

I have be having so much fun working on the apps. Love the SDK.

On windows, you can call blackberry-packager with -uninstallApp command and remove the package from the emulator, apparently the -uninstallApp is not support on Mac.

Any clues as to how this can be done via the command line utils available via the SDK?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Removing AIR Apps from the Emulator

There has been a couple of threads on this.  Here is one but it is unclear if it was resolved.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/How-to-delete-app/td-p/622239/hig...

Sometimes, it is best to search the forum for possible results.  Hope that works for you.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
flexomaniac
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Removing AIR Apps from the Emulator

Thanks.

It seems the only option to remove the app is via the flash builder Deployment option method.

There has to be a undocumented method via the blackberry-packager command line util.

Currently on a Mac:

In the Flash builder "Run Configurations" for the "BlackBerry Tablet Air Application", there is a deployment area. The "Deployment method" drop-down can be changed to "Uninstall". Running with this configuration will cause the application to be removed from the VM.

Windows provides the option via commandline and via Flash builder deployment option.

Please use plain text.