Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
kanishkprasad
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Developer
Accepted Solution

Removing debug information from the final bar file

Hi all,

I signed my app and followed the GUI procedure provided by RIM to do it. But my final signed .bar file only contains 1 file but as I understand from reading the different posts there should be 5. A lot of people have said adding -debug = false to my complier argument will fix my prob. The thing is I don't know how to add -debug=false to my compiler. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a walkthrough on how to do that. btw I am using windows XP and Flash builder burrito.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Removing debug information from the final bar file

You should be using the "export release build" menu item to create your BAR file. Are you doing that? it only creates 1 file, the BAR file; but a BAR file is really a ZIP file so you can just rename the file and add a .zip extension and open it in your favorite zip tool like 7zip. do you still see just one file inside the zip?

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanishkprasad

I am exporting the file. After I open the bar file all I see is the MANIFEST.MF file, and I belive I should be seeing 4 more files.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ahazdesigns
My Device: 9530, 9550, 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Do you have a blackberry-tablet.xml file created with the same exact publisher name as the name you used when you registered for your signing keys? To add the compiler argument right click on your project in the explorer window and then choose properties. In properties there should be an option on the left that says something with "compiler" in it. In that section you will see a text input box at the bottom just add -debug=false while leaving everything else in the box the same.
Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Carrier: n/a

on the export page you should be able to click "Next" twice and then you will see all the files which will be included. Check all the ones you need in your .bar file. I thought it did this automatically but maybe it isn't working for you. If the files aren't listed there then something else is the issue rather than the export process.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanishkprasad

Thank you for all the help, but my final bar file still only contains 1 file. Here are the things I did:

1. Added -debug=false to my compiler.

2. Made sure the publisher tag was the same in blackberry-tablet.xml as in the csj order form.

3. Changed the directory of the final file.

Please let me know if u guys have any other suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Carrier: n/a

did you try what I suggested about in the GUI export screen? If so what files does it show are going to be included?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kanishkprasad

I fig it out :smileyhappy: I restarted my computer and then changed the compiler settings and rewrote the blackberry-tablet.xml file. Then I resigned it, it started working and I got all the 5 files.

@ thesmileman: I was not able to see what files it was gonna output before I restarted my computer, and since it worked after a restart I didn't try your method again.

Thanks everyone for all your help I really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.