Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

Rename my application for me!

[ Edited ]

EDIT: We have a winner but everyone who made a suggestion (within the timelimit) wins! Please see my post on page 4 for what you have won!!!!!!!!!!!

I really need your help. Hi guys so here is the story. 

1. App got submitted early this morning.

2. Searched app world for my app.

3. I found out someone has recently created an app for the torch which has the exact same name with a "- Live Wallpaper" attached to it. 

4. I guess I need a new name. I don't want to change because I like the name but I a.) don't want to get suied and b.) I am more concerned about someone thinking the other app is mine which is just an animated gif background for two specific phones.

5. I needed a name yesterday and I can't come up with one so now I am turning to you guys.

So here is my app. It is called Fireworks Finale. It is a fireworks app to play around with. It has a pretty decent particle engine but for future updates I may switch to an off the self particle engine as I really don't like working in AS3 and I would rather someone else do the work for me. I have a big updated which I am going to submit very soon but I wanted to make sure I got in for the playbook offer. So here is the link to my app.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/34302?lang=en

So please give me names. I would prefer "Fireworks" be in the name so it is easier to find but I guess I could just add a "-". :smileyhappy: Since I don't have anything else to offer any good names get a kudos(this seems appropriate as you are helping me with my app) and the best one I will mark as the solution.

Here are ones I have already thought. I don't think they are any good but if they are (and  i am just to close to this problem) let me know and I will use them.

Ultimate Fireworks

Fantastic Fireworks

Fireworks Display

UPDATE: I am going to stop taking submissions at 7pm CST today the 30th of March

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Rename my application for me!

This is always fun haha -- feels like a competition!

Here's my submission:

Fireworks Free-for-all! or Free-for-all Fireworks!

i'll rethink and resubmit if anything new comes to mind :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Fireworks Bonanza

Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

Wow you guys are quick!

@JRab, I like the name a lot! I am concerned people will get mad because it isn't free and it has "free" in the title. I could be one of those developers who does that so I get tons of hits when people search for "free" but I am not sure I want to be one of those guys.

@

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

[ Edited ]

I'm with JRab, this is fun and does feel like a competition.

Here are some ideas:

Fantastic Fireworks

Frantic Fireworks

Fireworks Front

Fireworks Flash

Firework Flares

Now, if you wanted to drop the fireworks:

Illuminight

Firenight Lights

Extreme Explosions (probably misleading but i'm just brainstorming lol)

I'm going to keep thinking about this as the day goes on - hope these help!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
Wingflap
My Device: Bold 9650 and Playbook 16gb

BBFireworks puts you alphabetically in a better position in the App World search result list.   Fireworks Finale for Playbook would differentiate you from the other app, but might step on his/her toes if they are thinking of porting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approved Apps: Barry Black

Loving my new Playbook!
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@thesmileman: i agree that would seem a little misleading! the thinking goes on

@jtegen: LMAO @ Bonanza -- love that word !

@wingflap: i think RIM might dissalow the use of BB (or anything BlackBerry related) in the front of the name of an application. So a little risky.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
GoldenJoe
My Device: Not Specified

Is this a game, or some kind of particle tech demo?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Fireworks Extreme

Fireworks Xtreme

xTremeFireworks

Did someone already offer Fireworks Flash?

good luck, man

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
Wingflap
My Device: Bold 9650 and Playbook 16gb

4th of July or Bombs Bursting in Air?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approved Apps: Barry Black

Loving my new Playbook!