Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

Replacement for Double tap/click

Hey guys, need a little outside perspective on this, got my game running beautifully on the playbook simulator except for one major flaw, it seems that playbook isn't responding to double click mouse events that were obviously fine while i was compiling and testing in flash.

The question I pose is, will double click work with the actual physical hardware or and if not then can anyone think of a suitable work around? I was thinking after one click set off a timer for say 1 second and then if there is another click/tap before the timer expires it would fire my double click function. Haven't tried this yet and I'm not going to be able to do it until monday so thought i would see if anyone else has found this issue and found the solution.

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Platinumtel

Re: Replacement for Double tap/click

You might try a press and hold technique.  That is, set a boolean flag on mousedown and start recording time (timer or count frames), and if mouseup happens before time is up, it's not a double-click.  If time is up and the flag says the "mouse" is still down, then you have a double-click.

Another thing you might try is using the multi-touch features, so you put one finger down on the target and the second finger down to the side of the first one.  That would be harder to test without an actual device, though.

----------------
WIP game: Melodaeum
My graphically bland but very useful Morse Code trainer: Speed CW
My graphically attractive but boring game: The Rainstorm
Developer
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

Re: Replacement for Double tap/click

this has been discussed:  Problem with DOUBLE_CLICK event on sprite since the new SDK 0.9.2

you'll find a workaround in that post.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch