Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
tyrael
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Resubmit?

[ Edited ]

I just got this email:

Hi,

You are receiving this email as we are awaiting your signed release of your PlayBook application. We ask that you login to the vendor portal and remove your application from sale in App World until you have submitted and we have vetted your signed PlayBook application. Once passed we will push your app out for sale once more so we may continue testing.

In addition please not the following:

1)      If you have already submitted your signed application please do remove from sale until you have been notified that your application has passed our vetting.

2)      If you are still awaiting signing keys please remove your application from sale.

3)      If you have an existing application with a PlayBook added as a new release, we urge you to submit your new signed PlayBook app version a.s.a.p.

How do I know if my app has been "vetted"? I already submitted a signed version of my app that was approved, so I don't understand why I'm receiving this email at all. Should I resign my app and submit again?

EDIT: They're talking about this in the "Anyone have their App Approved" thread too, so I guess we're all in the dark. It would be nice if someone from RIM could clear this up soon. For now, just to be safe, my app has been removed from sale.

---
My Apps:
KeepUp (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/26514?lang=en)
Please use plain text.
Developer
T55555
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Resubmit?

+1. Me too. same question...

---------------------
a) If you like my response/post, please provide a Kudo (white star to the left).
b) If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button.
Playbook Applications: Chinese Calendar and Zodiac, Peg Solitaire!

Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I've received this email too. I had thought that I had submitted a debug version because of the Burrito 'export release build' bug. Thats now what the email says though, and I'm pretty sure I codesigned it.

Bill

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.
Developer
smiley
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

+1 too.

I sent them a reply asking if I still need to resubmit since my app is signed and approved.

hopefully this is just a generic reminder email.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Wailord
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

I pulled mine as soon as I got the email, but because so many others that've codesigned, submitted, and been approved, I put it back up. I verified it was codesigned, but didn't append "_signed" to the filename, as I submitted before that request was put up. I'm assuming it was an error on RIM's part. Guess we'll see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you wanna give my Playbook app a look, that'd be pretty cool. :smileyhappy: It's easyTrans in the App World.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jetstreamblue
My Device: Z10 LE #00055
My Carrier: Telus

Chalk me up as another who got this e-mail, but I had submitted and gotten approved my signed version.  I'm pretty sure my signed version was done correctly, I followed the command line instructions and also tested the deployment to the sim.  I haven't pulled my app yet, I'll wait to see if this was just a generic e-mail sent to everyone.

VENTURCON
For BB10: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, PM Assist
For PlayBook: e-Mmanuel Bible Reader, Business Analysis Toolbox
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I said this on the other thread.  Basically I believe they are wanting all apps signed ASAP and if it is not, remove it from sale.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

jtegen wrote:

Basically I believe they are wanting all apps signed ASAP and if it is not, remove it from sale.

John, how did you manage to say that in one short sentence, when it took them a big numbered list of ambiguous sentences?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

It must be my accent.

Please use plain text.
Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

And I have not got this email(yet??). I looked in my spam, Trash and Inbox. Am pretty sure I did not get it.

I have an App up for sale in the market: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/21601

The version up for sale Version: 1.2.0 was the last version that I posted after signing the app. Prior to this I had a version up for sale that was not signed.

So my qn is did that email go to a selected number of folks. Does it mean others have to do something about their app(Not trying to scare anyone) just asking myself, why am i treated different if the email is going to all the folks with apps in the market.

I hope BB was more clear on this last communication that went out.

Please use plain text.