Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Running Android apps in Playbook: What is the status of when RIM will release the tools to let us do the conversion (signing, testing, etc)?

So I've seen the video now: http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/05/blackberry-playbook-android-app-player-demo-video/,

So Playbook does have an Android "player", that will let Android apps run on the Playbook.

From what I understand there is some kind of  re-packaging, sigining and deployment to Blackberry World involved, but in theory no code changes.

Anyway, what is the status of when they will start letting us at least test our Android apps in this new "player"? Anybody know anything? I'm assuming Playbook development kit does not yet include this Android player and so there is no way to actually test out or re-package our apps yet.

Please post to this thread if you know anything about if the tools are out there yet or when they might be. Would be nice if RIM would let us Android guys know what's going on here.

Developer
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

Re: Running Android apps in Playbook: What is the status of when RIM will release the tools to let us do the conversion (signing, testing, etc)?

You will need to repackage and submit to the BlackBerry App World.

How you'll need to repackage, what category you should place it under, the specifics - not available to the public yet. You'll have to wait. Follow the @BlackBerry and @BlackBerryDev accounts or any of the popular BlackBerry sites (www.crackberry.com, www.n4bb.com, etc...) and you'll be sure to know once it's available to the public.