Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Developer
mdd
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

SDK 3.1.1

When was this posted on the download page?

Was it announced anywhere?

Are there any release notes?

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
mdd

Re: SDK 3.1.1

so, what am I missing?

The docs say that apps built with this SDK will run on PB, but I tried installing on PB and get the usual "unknown OS BB10".

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Looking at the file name of the download, it seems to have been released Feb 25th. I did not see any announcement either, but have been away for a couple of weeks so perhaps I missed it.

Where exactly did you read it was for PlayBook? The PlayBook section still lists v2.1.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
mdd

Reading the 3rd paragraph of the API Doc page.

Technically, correct since it refers to BB10 OS, but could be clearer,  Guess I am just eager to have BB10 on PB, since I decided not to upgrade my PB apps until BB10.

Anyway, nice to have a new SDK, but need Release Notes to see what should be tested.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Developer
apman
My Device: Not Specified

Ha, I just noticed that under 3.1.1 actions on the ActionBar get shuffeled around - now appearing from left to right in the order that they are added in the code (previouisly it was right to left). On the over-flow it's still top to bottom. So I guess that brings AIR apps in-line with native apps, but if you have an ActionBar with more than one action, your useres will have to get used to a change - either on the ActionBar itself, or if you change your code to avoid that, then in the overflow menu (if there is one).

(And no, I didn't see the new SDK announced or changes documented either, even though I make a point of checking the Dev Blog regularly)

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Please use plain text.