Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: SQLLite

hey anthony,

i've run into this problem or something like it before. i checked my FB4 settings and the IP for my machine (the debugging machine NOT the device IP) didnt match my current IP given by my router. the DHCP must've updated. anyways check your IP on your machine via command prompt and see if it matches FB4's settings. Good Luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
anthonyq
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

You, sir, are a genius.

So, the labels look great - trying out cellrenderers - and setSkin is throwing an error?  Anybody else tried setSkin on a List yet?

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

hey anthony,

dont mistake trial and error (tons of erros) for genius haha :smileyhappy: as for the error being thrown. are you using the setSkin method directly on your list are are you applying the method to your cellrenderer?

the method accepts two different object types depending on where you are applying the method. if you are applying it to the list object in your main class the object type within the parenthesis must be of a CellRenderer class type (either impelements ICellRenderer or extends a CellRenderer class [easier]). if you are applying the setSkin method to the cellrenderer class the object within the parenthesis must be of a ISkin Class (either implements the ISkin class or extends a class that implements it).

hope that helps!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
anthonyq
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530

Thanks for all the help, guys!!

I think we definitely need to submit having different column widths as a feature request - the list is not visually functional without it!  Where/how/who does this?

I'll still probably end up with a  bunch more questions, but I'll post them in their appropriate topics :smileywink:

Anthony
http://www.anthonyquarella.com
Accepted Apps: UpToDateTV
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

hey anthony,

you can submit new feature requests and existing bugs via the issue tracker in the developer zone. heres the link:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/issuetracker/

anyone can submit a new bug/feature as long as they have an account (free to register). also you can find a listing of existing ones people have posted and vote for them. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.