Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

SWIPE_EVENT Flash Professional CS5

I'm using Flash Professional CS5 to continue to develop my game, which is currently in app world

With much help ive got scoring the way i want it and now im trying to tackle "the little things" such as the swipe down menu

ive read the tutorial multiple times and even downloaded the source files. i understand what these files accomplish and understand 99% of the actionscript in it

The part that i cant seem to grasp is how to apply this to my files built in flash professional CS.5

is it possible to link my fla or swf file to these AS scripts to have them add a swipe down menu? If so, how?

Is there another way i can modify this code to include it IN my fla file instead of having to link an external as file to it?

i would greatly appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Developer

Re: SWIPE_EVENT Flash Professional CS5

Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

it's been a long time i tried that, but basically it's this:

you should try to find the "Action" tab in CS5. If you have a global sprite/movieclip which is seen at any point of the timeline, click that and then go to the "Action" tab. It shows the action properties of your currently selected sprite/movieclip. Make sure it says AS3, not AS2.0 or AS1.0. also, you can't code if your current swf is AS2.0 or lower because the playbook will ignore any code then

first thing you should try is if you can code in your project. have a label somewhere in your global sprite, give it a name for referencing and then add some basic source code in your Action tab, a basic class which will only set a new text to your label (programming knowledge required)

if that has worked, try to figure out how to add .swc files to your .swf. you should add all .swcs in the blackberry tablet sdk (though the air-qnx.swc might be enough). if that has worked, try to create a simple qnx label programmatically and add that to your global sprite (programming knowledge required). you need this step to have the QNXApplicationEvent.SWIPE_DOWN event recognized

if that all has worked, bravo, you did it. then you can add the source you found, it should give you a app menu (though i would add both classes into the same actions property)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Developer

it IS indeed possible to add SWC files into a project on Flash Pro CS5...

i'll try that today