Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Sample application

I have been browsing AIR, Playbook and mobile apps for the last few days and came across an example that I liked, but now cannot remember where I saw it.

The app was just an example of horizontally scolling containers (or was it lists) that could be scrolled across the screen by gestures.The example I think had more than one object visible on the screen, and to indicate that there were either other objects off screen to the left and / or right, a partial container was displayed at the screen edge. I think the example was showwing that scoll bars or arrows weren't needed in a touch environment, because you can indicate other containers are available by partially showing a container.

I liked the idea and would like to look at this example again, but cannot find it, any ideas what I am looking for. It may not even be the playbook it could be android!

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Sample application

You're describing the sort of navigation that has been talked about in several threads, and a feature (hinting by showing partial elements at the edges, to increase discoverability) that is described in the UI Guidelines docs, but I don't believe anyone has yet posted example code that demonstrates exactly that.

You could easily have seen it in some video as well, but again there's no code yet (to the best of my knowledge) publicly available that demonstrates that.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!