Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
EraserX
My Device: Not Specified

Screenshots - can they be annotated?

Does anyone with experience making blackberry apps, in general, know if annotations are permitted on the submitted screenshots?  For example:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/toki-tori-hd/id407947726?mt=8

Thanks!

~Nick

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Screenshots - can they be annotated?

i dont know the answer to that question but am really interested in anyone else that might know for sure. it would defintely liven things up in the app world site / store. also on that note, i wish they would change the resolution of screen shots to something a little larger than what they have now (i think the main reason is because they never had a resolution higher than phones up until this point).

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

They've said nothing about what the screenshot content should be, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't allow it.  At the very least, have you really got anything to lose by trying?  Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.  Just be sure to save your original unannotated screenshot so you can revert to them if they don't like it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
EraserX

My concern is that by submitting annotated screenshots that they will reject my aplacation and that this rejection will come after the free playbook offer so that I will not qualify for a playbook.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

As long as your app is submitted and in the pipeline, you should be OK.  The deadline is not a deadline of acceptance but a deadline of submission.  You could always update the app at the time of signing or even wait until after acceptance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
EraserX

The problem is that it is not clear to me whether the offer requires apps to be submitted prior to the deadline in a form which is acceptable.  That is to say, if an app requires changes made after the deadline to be accepted, I am not sure that this app would qualify for the offer.  Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I'd say that depends on the app and the changes need. For instance, we will ALL need to code-sign the app at some point, and this may well happen after the deadline. We all know it needs to happen and so it couldn't be a reason for rejection.

On the other hand, if your app isn't functional until said changes are made, then I would say it is likely to be rejected.

I think the minimalist approach is best here. i'd say it's far better to submit a functional app without as many features as  you would like, than to submit a app that does not function and is full of 'placeholder' content.

If your primary goal is simply to get a device, then i'd say scale back your ampitions. in the words of Guy Kawasaki: "Don't worry, be crappy". (i.e. its better to get out there with something crappy than to wait)

Bill

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Because of the lack of Tablet OS filter in app world I submitted my screenshots as images on the device (I downloaded the PB press photos and layered my screen shots on it). I had hoped this would avoid any confusion from an end user. I would really hope this doesn't effect my submission, but I will definitely let everyone know if it does.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
noahnu
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS

I don't think there is much to worry about in regards to the deadline as the offer has been extended to March 15th.

From,
Noah NU
Please use plain text.
Developer
EraserX

Are you kidding? I submitted my first app on December 24tg and haven't heard anything yet.
Please use plain text.