Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Re: Semi-transparent overlay sample (previous post?), like the standard media/devmode ones

Maybe I'm too new to all this but Peter that looks awesome! For mine I made a png file in Photoshop and just inserted as an image (with tween) but I can't say it looks as nice as yours. Hope you don't mind if I use this until an official solution is offered by RIM!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Semi-transparent overlay sample (previous post?), like the standard media/devmode ones

Yes Peter, you did a very nice job cloning!

Developer
T55555
My Device: Not Specified

> Yes Peter, you did a very nice job cloning!

100% agree. Good job, Peter.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

jffurlan wrote:

Hope you don't mind if I use this until an official solution is offered by RIM!

No problem.  By the way, I think it's taken as assumed in the community that all code posted here pretty much has the equivalent of an MIT license associated with it.  Roughly: use freely, and don't come back crying if it doesn't work for you and loses you all your customers. :smileyhappy:  Giving credit isn't required but always appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for the kudos (and by that I mean your words, not just the clicks)!

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Peter,

Just wanted to say that I finally got around to swapping out my png with your custom overlay (I still layered my info on top, but used your code to draw the rectangle) and I have to say it looks WAY better then what I had!

Thanks again!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -