Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
NicholasLEby
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Seriously Blackberry...

So blackberry seriously threw me over the edge today... I've been in contact support over there for about a month now regarding an issue with my app submissions, each time the support member assured me it was being looked into... I would get a call... Etc... That was a month and a half ago. Went to write the support contact an email today when I get a email back a few minutes later telling me my email was undelivered and gave me "alternative" support options. Now I know it was an automated email, but why now, after all the pervious emailing back and forth with them, am I now being redirected to "alternative" support... What happened to my case# and promises someone would correct the issue. I also called a support # where a woman assured me I'd get a call about this matter, nope. Here's the issue they were correcting. I submitted an app 3 months ago... It sat "waiting for test house" for a 2 weeks, then Blackberry released the second version of the sdk, some syntax changed, so I updated my app and added the new binary to my app in dev portal. After 5 days that was approved no problem. Got all the proper tickets, success email. But version 1, still to this day "waiting on test house." I believe it's status is conflicting with the version 1.1 status and not allowing my app to fully marked as approved. I've gotten no emails about my playbook, or about my app being released into app world. All I wanted was answers. And nothing. I worked hard on a app months before to have it in the app world in time for launch, and I can't even get this issues resolved. Hope you guys don't think I whining here, just throughout this process this forum has been the greatest help and asset to the dev process, so I was hoping someone here could help me. Thanks to anyone who reads this.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,979
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Seriously Blackberry...

Perhaps MSohm or one of the RIM developer guys will see this.

Have you read this?

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2011/02/thanks-for-the-open-letter-to-rim-developer-relations/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
br14

Rebrand your app slightly and resubmit as a different app.

If you've fixed any issues there shouldn't be a problem approving.

Coping with the volume of submissions is probably a major logistical exercise. You'd be better off making sure your app gets in line and not forgotten about.

My guess is they're focussing on approving apps that have no issues, and the exceptions may well be left to one side during due to the considerable pressure to approve as many apps as possible.

Contributor
NicholasLEby

There were no issues... Like I said it got approved right away when I uploaded another version (1.1) It's just hung up because somehow version 1 got lost in shuffle.
Developer
dmbproduction
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

So if your app is approved I don't follow what the problem is?... You as the vendor has to post it for sale once you get the approval lettre... Then a few business days latter you'll get the playbook email if you qualify.

If you don't get that message there's a recent tread about what to do.
David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal
Contributor
NicholasLEby

Version 1 — "waiting on test house' for 3 months now, didn't get rejected, version 1.1 — approved 2 months ago, but since version 1 is lost in the que somewhere, it's not registering as 100% complete. They approved version 1.1 before version 1.
Developer
RottenOgre
My Device: PlayBook?

To clarify, you do not need to post for sale to be eligble for the PlayBook. See this thread for more info.

I'm not sure whether or not standard practice is to approve previous versions as well once they've approved the latest release. However, it shouldn't make any difference toward your PlayBook eligibility as you have an app approved (even if they had rejected your first version so long as you have one release approved you should be good).

Developer
dmbproduction

Oh really sorry I didn't follow that... In my experience they approved all versions at the same time. And I guess you can't remoe the release either which is unfortunate. So because 1 isn't approved you can't submit it for sale?... Have you asked Mark about this he seems to be pretty good at answering our questions. And in my opinion should be something easy to resolve
David

Contributor
NicholasLEby

[ Edited ]

Thanks all, I emailed the support address for the playbook eligibly, hopefully i'll hear back from them. Kinda doubtful though at this point. Appreciate the input on this matter. Heres hoping for the best.

Developer
dmbproduction

Hey Nicholas,

Great to hear you reached out to RIM... Got to stay positive, there's aboslutely no reason RIM would not honor a free playbook. You seemed to have met the criteria.

Good luck!
David