Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Setting Application Icon

To clarify.  It does not have to be in the /src folder, in or under it works.  Typically, there is an /assets folder under /src where things like icons and images are placed.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

jtegen wrote:

To clarify.  It does not have to be in the /src folder, in or under it works.  Typically, there is an /assets folder under /src where things like icons and images are placed.

I was told it needed to be in src to work and it has only ever worked for me when it has been in the src folder. All my other images are in assets and they work fine.

Please don't take this as me being rude (just curious), but jtegen are you able to get it working if you put your icon in anything other than src?

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

No offense.  But yes it works fine for me.  I actually have the icon in /src/assets/icons.  I have to specify the icon path in blackberry-airpackager command and I have it specified in the *-app.xml file for <image72x72>.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

But if you aren't running from the command line (and compiling in burrito) is it still possible to specify where blackberry airpackager looks?
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Someone using buritto will have to answer that question.  I am in FB4 and use a script to package, install and run the application to the simulator.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
killerspaz
My Device: Not Specified

Hmm.. when FlashBuilder compiles it expects everything to be under the "src" directory unless explicitly linked...

Having said that, my assets directory is under src, so that's definitely not the issue. I've also tried having it directly in the same directory as the blackberry-tablet.xml, to no avail.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

I am new to this, but the only way I've ever gotten it to work is when blackberry-tablet.xml is directly under src. Might be worth a shot if you have it under src but in a different folder.

- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

peter9477 wrote:

To analyze a problem like that, inspect your .bar file.  A .bar file is just a zip file with a different file extension.  Either use a zip extraction program that doesn't care about the extension, or add ".zip" to it yourself and then extract.

In the air/ folder you should see both the blackberry-tablet.xml file, and your icon.  The filename for your icon should match the name specified in that blackberry-tablet.xml file.

If both of those items are in the .bar and correct then it would be hard for things not to be working.

So I finally got around to checking my .bar file and guess what, no blackberry-tablet.xml* and no splashscreen.png. Both show up in my bin-debug folder but not in the .bar file. How might I get them in there?

*I'm not sure how this makes sense as my icon shows up.

- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
New Developer
killerspaz
My Device: Not Specified

hmm, i don't see a way to define it in the blackberry-airpackager options... Am I blind? (could be)

Am I supposed to point to the AIR app xml, or the blackberry-tablet.xml when doing something like:

blackberry-airpackager -package myApp.bar myApp-app.xml myApp.swf

As I tried to hint there, I'm pointing to the AIR one atm

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Here is the command I use (Windows):

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.2\bin\blackberry-airpackager" -package Compass.bar -installApp -launchApp -C bin-debug bin-debug/Compass-app.xml bin-debug/Compass.swf bin-debug/assets/splash.png bin-debug/assets/icons/compass_icon.png bin-debug/blackberry-tablet.xml -password **** -device 192.168.192.***

Please use plain text.