Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
mertreload
My Device: Soon PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Signing Apps.

Hi everyone, 

I posted 2 apps for approval, and I received 2 mails that confirming the approval of 2 apps.

They are both approved!

But in both of them, it says that it isnt signed.

But I signed it using the CSJ file when exporting via Flex Burrito.

What can I do? 

*I am using Mac and I tried for cmd signing, I couldn't do it.

Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator

Re: Signing Apps.

[ Edited ]

Apps don't currently sign properly in Flash Builder. You'll need to do it by command line manually. You can check to see if they are signed by opening the bar file like a zip and looking in the META-INF file. You should have 5 files there if it's signed. If it's not signed you'll just have the manifest file.

Check this thread out for instructions: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Sign-your-Applications-from...

New Developer
mertreload

I have only the manifest file.

But when I try to sign my app using cmd, it keeps saying Client number ************ limit exceeded etc.

I only signed 2 apps? -not properly, either-

Oh and will I get the free playbook if I dont sign my app, it's approved?

And would users be able to download it? 

Whats the logic of signing?

Developer
ajerman

I'd check the thread and ask on there for more info. I'm personally having trouble signing mine as well, but with a different error, so I can't necessarily help with the signing, just point in the right direction.

You ARE eligible for the free playbook even if your app is submitted unsigned. You just have to sign it before it can be put on App World and sold. Signing just authenticates that you, the original developer packaged the app and uploaded it.

New Developer
mertreload

But my app is ALREADY on App World ? 

http://cl.ly/5f43

Do I still need to sign?

Developer
ajerman

Weird, I thought by their wording that it wouldn't even show up on app world until it was signed. Yes, you do need to sign it still though.

New Developer
mertreload

Oh man, 

I really appreciate Apple's developing system. They are treating you like you are a person from Apple.

RIM is treating you like a customer that doesnt spend any effort, etc.

We write apps with a LOT of effort and our apps are not being " SIGNED " because of a problem in SDK. 

LOL, now understood why is Apple the leader.

Developer
turtle-dev
My Device: Torch

@mertreload

Take a look at this thread.  Hope get through the signing process.

signing app on mac

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My PlayBook Apps
Contributor
bvictorio
My Device: PlayBook

@mertreload.  Hi, that's not very nice.  Developers have to pay Apple for the certificate.  RIM is not charging anything so far.  

Also writing codes with Flex is so much easier compared with other languages.

Sorry I am just a QNX lover, and am so happy to see QNX compete with IOS and Android.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@mertreload: We can go back and forth about why RIM is better than Apple or why the reverse is true. To each his own. as for your problem you need to request new keys it would seem. Usually when a user does the registration process over again with the same .csj file, they corrupt their CSK Database on their computers.

so while you are trying ot figure this out, i recommend visiting the following page to get a new set of keys:

https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman