Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
mertreload
My Device: Soon PlayBook

Re: Signing Apps.

Thanks for replies, and I respect to your opinions about Apple and RIM.

Then can you tell me what to do; AFTER SIGNING KEY ARRIVES AND THE SIGNATURE PROCESS FINISHES ?

My E-Mail says that : 

I need to put an ICON that is 68x68 - or something like that - . If i open my .bar file like a zip and apply the blackberry-tablet.xml process, will it be fine?

Signing. - Will do after I get the new keys, hopefully without problems, understood how to do it -

Then what? 

Post it as a new release and reply to the e-mail with a body for example " I submitted the release for my apps, corrected the issues " ? 

Then it will be fine. ?

Oh and I have one more question. What percent of incoming money from app sells does Developers get? 

-Mert

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYBODY.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

hey,

after your signing key is recieved, you have two options. you can either revisit signing through Flash Builder or you can use the command line interface from the start and go from there.

Unfortunately you cant open up the bar and replace files -- everything has a hash value in the manifest file and needs to be accurate. so the icon must be placed into the bar file via the airpackager command.

Also the icon size recommended is 86 x 86 png.

once you have received your keys and do decided to go through with it via command line, here is a thread that helps regarding registration:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Sign-your-Applications-from...

and here is a thread i made regarding packaging and signing:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Useful-Tip-Package-Images-Via-Com...

you can read through and see which best fits your needs. remember, the registration part is important not to make a mistake or else you have to restart the requesting for keys. the packaging and signing is less important to get right because u can make minor modifications to your project and redo the signing process while having your registration remain the same.

good luck!

EDIT: Sorry left out the rest of the answers. Yes after you submit the new release for review, you can reply to the email you received notifying them of the change. also the current cut for app sales is 70% developer and 30% RIM.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
mertreload

[ Edited ]

Wow, so nice article but I actually didnt understand one thing. 

How do I export the project as NOT a .bar and .bar.sig file, from Flex Burrito. 

I want to export in .swf, .xml etc. like you and do the steps.

Thanks,

EDIT: Oh, and I need to get a definite reply for this. If I don't sign it, do I get the PlayBook? Because it's approved. 

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

When you follow those steps, you will have your .swf and .xml files created into the bin-debug directory of your project. from there you can start packaging and signing your application.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Developer
mertreload

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH. 

Kudo !