Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Signing Error

I've tried a few times to get this working but for some reason my bar file just won't sign. Here are the commands that I am running and their results. Should I just ignore the errors and submit the bar file that is signed with the author key? Do I need to request a new .csj file from RIM? Help please.

Command: blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass <MY_PASSWORD_1>
Result: CSK file created.

Command: blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <MY_PASSWORD_2> -cskpass <MY_PASSWORD_1> <CSJ_FILE_FROM_RIM>
Result: barsigner error: server error: Unable to register client '<NUMBER_FROM_CSJ_FILE>' because there are no more registration attempts. If you have already registered with this server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users.

Command: blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keysotre keys.p12 -storepass <MY_PASSWORD_3> -dname "cn=Paul Brinson" -alias author
Result: no result returned but keys.p12 is created (NOTE: Paul Brinson is my Vender Name in the App World and the value of the publisher element in my blackberry-tablet.xml file)

Command: blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <MY_PASSWORD_1> -keystore keys.p12 -storepass <MY_PASSWORD_3> <APP.bar> RDK
Result: barsigner error: Certificate chain not found for: RDK. RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

Command: blackberry-signer -keystore keys.p12 -storepass <MY_PASSWORD_3> <APP.bar> author
Result: bar signed.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Signing Error

So after much digging I decided to just request a new set of code signing keys from RIM. I got a new .csj file and this time through the process everything worked! I have no idea what was going on with my first attempt but everything work with new the signing keys. If anyone if having this issue just request new keys and try again.

Developer
My Device: 9700

Re: Signing Error

..for those who wander by here looking for a solution...

I had the same issue. I had already registered my csj file with the server but I lost my settings/files in an uninstall frenzy to get a install the new SDK. Long story short I got the same error.

barsigner error: server error: Unable to register client 'XXXXXXXXX' because there are no more registration attempts.  If you have already registered with this server, then you must contact RIM to register additional users.

I followed the instructions here, but I skipped the registration step. 
To sign the app I used:

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass <your-cskpass> -keystore sigtool.p12 -storepass <your-storepass> <.bar file to sign> author