Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
Vemilyus
My Device: 1st Gen BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB (Gift from RIM :D)
My Carrier: WiFi

Signing Keys Question

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I once had signing keys that went with a certain company name. Sadly, I lost them. Now, if I request new keys using the same company name, will I be able to sign updates for existing apps that were signed with the old keys?
I ask this, because I fear that the OS might see the update as a different application, because of different signing keys, and might not allow access to the old version's data in the app-storage directory.

Regards,

-The V

This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Signing Keys Question

Sadly, you need the actual files that were sent to you. Did you back them up? I have heard that some have been able to get re-issued key files, but you have to contact RIM to see if that is still possible.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Vemilyus

Dayum, well I guess it's a good thing then that I already contacted RIM over that issue. Thanks for your answer anyways :smileyhappy:
This is a signature. Don't expect anything fancy, for I would use an image if I could. But I can't, so cope with it...
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have a similar problem. I do have a backup of the old signing keys, but also requested new ones in the past. When I try to create a release build using the old keys - indeed necessary to publish an update - I get the message: Certificate is expired. When I use the new keys I cannot upload the release as an upgrade. Any idea how I can solve this?
Eugene

My PlayBook App: Checklists
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Vemilyus

I believe that is the answer you are looking for: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Adobe-AIR-Development/What-happens-when-the-signing-certifica...
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk

I am still not able to upload my app as an upgrade. I created a new certificate via Flash Builder and signed the app, but still no go. I get the attached error: Upload bundle error

When I compare the MANIFEST.MF files of the previous bar file of the app and the current build, the Package-Id and the Package-Author-Id are different. I don't understand why, since - to my belief - I use the same signing keys, but only a different certification file. Is there a way I can verify that?

Any other ideas?

Eugene

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Vemilyus

I'm sorry, I can't see the attached error. There is a placeholder image instead...
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk

The image will showup shortly. I think it needs to get approved. Anyway, the message is: "File bundle (Checklists.bar) has been rejected. Package ID is required for all .bar file. If this is an upgrade, Package ID must match Package ID in original file bundle."
Eugene

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Vemilyus

Is the application ID the AIR descriptor the same as the prior version?
Please use plain text.
Developer
eugenevk

The Application-Id's are also different. Don't know what you mean with the AIR descriptor.
Eugene

Please use plain text.