Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Signing error: Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not set to [none].

The publisher in the blackberry-tablet.xml file matches the CN value during signing registration.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RapsFan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Signing error: Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not set to [none].

Thankseveryone!  I got it :smileyhappy: Needed to correct publisher and cn to ake both the same. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
david_schwartz_bb
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: verizon

Where exactly did you set them both?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
RapsFan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I set it in the blackberry-tabet.xml and it has to be the same as the company name you used when you requested keys. and when you create your .p12 file you use the same company name/publisher name.

Here is a site with concise steps, simplified things a lot. http://www.hsharma.com/tech/tutorials/10-easy-steps-to-package-and-sign-air-apps-for-playbook/ 

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
david_schwartz_bb
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: verizon

Worked.

Thanks for helping me get it in on time!

Please use plain text.