Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
RapsFan
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Signing error: Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not set to [none].

I'm getting this error in the second last step of the signing process. I got an email saying I successfully registered with signing server RDK. Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Re: Signing error: Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not set to [none].

You'll need to ensure your information is input correctly in the blackberry-tablet.xml file and your-app.xml file.

There is a helpful guide (helped me) here.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Signing error: Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest is not set to [none].

Also, if an error occurs in step1 of the signing due to an XML error, it will require you to increment your version because when you do it again, it will say that it is already registered.

If there is an error, why does signing record it in their database???  Pain.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RapsFan

Where do I find blackberry-tablet.xml? Should my -app.xml have author tags? I followed that link's intructions and still getting the error. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

[ Edited ]

You have to create it and save it in the same folder as the app.xml file;  Here is a sample:

<qnx>
  <initialWindow>
    <systemChrome>none</systemChrome>
    <transparent>false</transparent>
  </initialWindow>
  <publisher>MY CN NAME HERE</publisher>
  <splashscreen>assets/splash.png</splashscreen>
  <category>core.utils</category>
  <icon>
  	<image>assets/icon_86.png</image>
  </icon>
</qnx>

Be certain that this file get included in the BAR file during the packaging command.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RapsFan

Thanks John. I included the blackberry-tablet.xml in my package but unfortunately it isn't helping the  Package-Author in Manifest error. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
dooglehead
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

I got his error when I tried taking a shortcut by signing a bar file that I used Flash Builder to create.  For some reason, packaging the bar file with the command prompt instead of Flash Builder worked.  

Please use plain text.
Developer
RapsFan

I created the file in Flash Pro but packaging via command line already 

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

What command are you using (replace xxxx for password) and what exactly is the error?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)
My Carrier: Regional

Does your blackberry-tablet.xml file have the same publisher listed as your-app.xml file under publisherID (if you have publisherID filled in)?

Do both of these match the name under your Certificate you got from RIM, which should also match your App World vendor account publisherID.

Follow the guide I linked to make sure you've set the -debug=false and then extract the created bar, ensure the manifest file is accurate, and then repackage via cmd.

Please use plain text.