If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
gpatton
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Signing problems...

Ahh I know there are a lot of people posting their problems. But I think I've found a new one.

Couple of questions are:

1. When I test out my app on the BlackBerry, the compiler/run config automatically creates a .bar file in where all the source code resides. I changed the extension to .zip and examined the contents, and it had all my files and images in there (minus the source code)...can i just keep that .bar file then?

2. So I navigated to this folder in Windows 7 in command prompt.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\blackberry-tablet-sdk-0.9.3\bin

I then type in with a password instead of <password>

blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass -storepass <password>

But I get the following error:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any idea guys?

I wish the "signing" process would be a bit more streamlined. And that RIM developers would realize that the instructions they've put up are for Windoze XP and now Win7! Get with the times?!

G

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Re: Signing problems...

Do you have Java specified in your windows path/do you have the latest version of Java installed?

Also, I believe your password needs to be between the < and > tags.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey gpatton,

1. Chances are that .bar file contains debug information that may cause it to reported as still in developmental mode. so i recommend you doing a command line packaging. also if you use the Flash Builder to compile the application into a .swf, remember to add the -debug=false parameter into the compiler settings.

2. You seem to be missing the PATH information to your java jre. Either you dont have it installed or the PATH information is missing from your system. To get the latest JRE go to this link and intall it:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton

[ Edited ]

Arrgggghhhhhhh!!!!

Thanks so much! I forgot to add the Java (bin) folder to the 'path' variable. 

I do this everyday at work. How did I forget?

the password doesn't have to be between the < and > tags....or at least i tried without the brackets, and it created the .csk file. awesome!

EDIT: JRab answered the question above. thanks!

now about the .bar file....can i just use the one created from when I installed the app on the simulator?

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

lol happens to us all the time!

as for the bar file, you can do it but keep in mind during the signing process you might run into an assue where it tells you that your still in dev mode. the best way to check is by unzipping it and checking the value in the manifest file. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

gpatton wrote:

the password doesn't have to be between the < and > tags....or at least i tried without the brackets, and it created the .csk file. awesome!

My bad, I thought I read earlier that it had to. Oh well, glad to hear you got it working!

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
gpatton

So when it comes to this command line packaging...

my project folder was on my desktop, which i imported into flashbuilder.

now i put the -debug=false...into the project properties.

i'm looking at the swf file...and its in my bin-debug folder. should i just copy it into my src folder? and run the packager?

also do i have to copy the "blackberry-airpackager" file into the src folder as well? before i run it to package the whole thing?

Thanks

G

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

you can run your packager right out of the bin-debug folder. just make sure if you are using burrito, you edit the -app.xml file for the debug references. if you are using FB 4 you might not have to.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.
Developer
billfoust
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Maybe you should look more closely at FlashBuilder Burrito. Using it was a breeze. from packaging the app to codesigning, its all built in.

Bill
-------------------------------------------
Check out my book on BlackBerry Development for Java.
And my other really really old book
My Apps: FlashKids
Please use plain text.