Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
arby10101
My Device: Not Specified

Simulator background image disappears after my app is reactivated

My application has a small ui--1024 by 300. So I made one container full screen sized and placed my ui background and controls in a smaller container within it. The background image shows through as desired. But if I switch to another application (the browser) and then switch back to my application, everything works as expected, except that the screen's default background image (the green artichoke or whatever that is) is replaced with black. Only the image is gone. The clock and the categories and the tool icon are still visible. Is this a simulator issue or am I causing it.

What can I do in my onActivate handler to overcome it?

Thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

Re: Simulator background image disappears after my app is reactivated

I'd call it a simulator issue and ignore it.  Generally anything that happens outside your app like that shouldn't be your concern.

That said, I haven't heard of that exact behaviour before.  I've seen a dozen ways the simulator's Navigator screen can go nuts, and the SystemTray leaks memory like a sieve and can sometimes crash and not restart.  Having the wallpaper vanish just by switching away from an app, however, isn't something I've seen or read about, unless it's associated with the app crashing too.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

I have experienced this before using the <transparent>true</transparent> tag in my app. I'm fairly positive it's a simulator issue
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arby10101
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. I'm going to assume it's OK and continue testing. Making progress.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I've seen this too.  Assume it will be resolved with the next release.

Please use plain text.