Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Super Contributor
JeffLemon
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: NA

Simulator controls?

Hi,

Is there a way to press two things at once in the simulator? Like finger presses.

Is there a way to adjust the sound as if you were pressing the devices buttons in the simulator?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Apps: Instruments | ARTPAD | Piano | Drums | Xylophone
Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: Simulator controls?

can't give you a precise answer, but maybe things like a wacom bamboo are supported. but thats just an assumption.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

There is no multitouch possible on the simulator. A possible solution to this is testing your app on your Android device or using the MacBook multitouch-supported touchpad when testing on your pc. Both solutions only work using only non-QNX classes.

There is no way to simulate the volume buttons.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

JeffLemon wrote:

Is there a way to adjust the sound as if you were pressing the devices buttons in the simulator?

The simulator doesn't support a magic keystroke to simulate the device buttons, but adjusting the volume using the buttons is the same as adjusting them by setting the AudioManager values so you could easily add a small test-panel to your app to let you do that, or even just make a separate app which you run at the same time as yours, and switch back and forth between them when you want to test volume changes.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.