Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
sanderkruger
My Device: Playbook

[Solved] Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest [Unknown] does not match the Common Name in developer certificate [MyComp]

I am using FlashBuilder 4.0.1 with BlackBerry TabletOS SDK 0.9.4, and trying to use FlashBuilder to build, package and sign the application.

I went through all the steps (getting a cert csj, creating a dev cert, registering, etc.), but signing failed every time.

I was getting the following error:

Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest [Unknown] does not match the Common Name in developer certificate [MyComp].

I've seen a few threads with similar problems, but it took me quite a while to pinpoint my exact problem, and the solution is undocumented and non-trivial, so I decided to post it here.

FlashBuilder uses MyApp-app.xml in your project folder to package the AIR application. Everything you read about a file called blackberry-tablet.xml doesn't apply if you use FlashBuilder to package and sign. All the info must come from MyApp-app.xml. FlashBuilder creates a MANIFEST.MF file and puts it in the bar file.

The problem is this: where did FlashBuilder take the value from to put it in the Package-Author field in the Manifest? Well, it turns out it takes this value from the <copyright> tag !!! Yes, that's it!

So, to fix this error, you need to put your company name (the CN in your certificate) in the <copyright> tag in the MyApp-app.xml file in your project folder. For example:

<copyright>MyComp</copyright>

Developer
Kai001
My Device: Not Specified

Re: [Solved] Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest [Unknown] does not match the Common Name in developer certificate [MyComp]

What's a cert CSJ?

New Contributor
sanderkruger
My Device: Playbook

Re: [Solved] Code signing request failed because Package-Author in Manifest [Unknown] does not match the Common Name in developer certificate [MyComp]

With cert CSJ I meant the certificate's CSJ registration file.

See the whole process as documented here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/zh-tw/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_FB401_1473166_1...

New Developer
MissRancher
My Device: Not Specified

I wish this worked for me. I'm getting the same error, except the name it lists in Manifest is the exact same it lists as the Common Name, although there are double quotes around the name in the Manifest. I can SEE that the names are the same, so why does it think they are different???