Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Some doubts on Video

I got Video playing inside the Playbook simulator. But I observe two things,

1. There is no sound from the video when played in the simulator. Although when I run it on my Desktop ( using Flash's desktop player - I hear the sound ). So basically, my code is alright, but I wish to know if I should enable a setting or something.

2. The video I am playing is jerky sometimes. Its of mp4 format, but it plays well in the same Desktop player. Any hints ?

Thanks.

New Developer
My Device: Playbook

Re: Some doubts on Video

Try looking at the Sharing settings in the VMware.  Mine has an option to share Sound.

Don

Don Kerr
Manager, Space City Adobe User Group
Houston, Tx
www.spacecityaug.com
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey,

Unless they've recently updated something, the simulator currently does not support sound yet. And as for the choppy video do you have 3D acceleration enabled via the video settings tool? Good luck!
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Regular Contributor
My Device: -
My Carrier: -

Can you describe a little more on 'VIDEO SETTINGS TOOL' ? Where can i find it ?

Thanks

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700

Hey,

Sure thing! On a mac if you click on the settings option on VMware Fusion and then click on the 'Display' option there is an option to check or uncheck Accelerate 3D Graphics. Make sure that your virtual machine is powered off to make any changes.

As for windows i think its the same steps. Simply navigate to your settings panel and you should see an option for Display.

on a side note whire you are at it, make sure that your RAM setting for the virtual machine is cranked up to 1024 mb. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

In you virtual machine you should have a settings option (I'm using VMWare Fusion on a mac) once clicked this should open up a dialog with sever options.

If you select display options you can toggle hardware accelerated 3D Graphics.

Mac Instructions (.17):

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21878/Installing_the_SDK_1347128_11.jsp

PC Instructions (.12 onwards):

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/21877/Configure_the_BlackBerry_PlayBook_simula...

*Edit*

Whoops JRab beat me too it! Forums full of helpful people :smileyhappy:

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

can u post your entire code so i can help u ?