Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 4G
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Stage3D

Cool, that would be great

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

We are considering providing an open source BlackBerry 10 UI built on top of Stage3D.  Not open sourcing the existing AIR controls, but a Stage3D version of the BB10 controls.

Still interested!

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer

tneil wrote:

Have you filed issues in the Bug Tracker for the problems that you have seen?

Ten-ten-ten ;-)

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-1010

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Telcel

We haven't seen many Stage3D UI frameworks out there outside of games/starling (aka Feathers).  So we're not sure if it's something the community would be interested in.  It's something that we've been experimenting with and figured it would be better served out in the community than built into the OS.

What about a Feathers theme for all people currently using Starling/Feathers?

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Any non-BB themes would probably have to be created by the community.
Developer

As long as the UI framwork or BB themes don't hold up Stage3D support... Most Stage3D apps have their own UI framework anyway.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Innovatology wrote:

As long as the UI framwork or BB themes don't hold up Stage3D support... Most Stage3D apps have their own UI framework anyway.

No worries there.... The UI framework is some experimental code that we have sitting on the side that we figured we would share and collaborate on once Stage3D is available to everyone

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

So you are saying that we would get stage3D before we have a UI framework to use?
Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

jtegen wrote:
So you are saying that we would get stage3D before we have a UI framework to use?

Likely at the same time.. there's no point in making a UI framework available until the runtime supports it Smiley Happy

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Highlighted
Developer

tneil wrote:
Likely at the same time.. there's no point in making a UI framework available until the runtime supports it Smiley Happy

Well... we could start building our apps on the desktop AIR.... ;-)