Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Retired
tneil
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Stage3D

The version of the upcoming updated AIR runtime has now been revealed :smileyhappy:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/04/blackberry-jam-adobe-air-sdk/

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane

woohoo! it will be upgraded to AIR 0.0.1!!!

just kidding :smileywink:

I endured the video, all you others have to, too :smileyvery-happy:. And no need to spoil it for others ^^.

Nice work guys! And by the way, my chicken avatar CAN fly :smileyvery-happy:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

So there it is. AIR 3.5. Beta at JAM likely.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

tneil wrote:

The version of the upcoming updated AIR runtime has now been revealed :smileyhappy:

http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/04/blackberry-jam-adobe-air-sdk/

Good news Tim! As for comedy acting... don't quit your day job ;-)

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Retired
tneil

[ Edited ]

LOL... that's the point... it's supposed to be bad acting. Mission accomplished :smileyhappy:

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
billbsb
My Device: Playbook, Z10 L.E.

That is awesome news Tim! Thanks a lot keeping us updated on this topic and for actually making it happen!

You know what would be really cool? If you guys explicitly indicate which features are implemented on the BB10 Air 3.5 Runtime.

Some time I go I was working on a Playbook application for viewing JPEG-XR images but this Adobe Air feature was not enabled. The application was never completed for the Playbook. More details about it here.

This is the official page containing all Flash Player features by version. Could you guys create something like a checkbox grid for the supported features?

Upgrading from Air 3.1 to 3.5  is quite a big jump! There are so many new features and bug fixes that I totally understand if you leave out some stuff. As long as it's clear what's in and out, I can plan better my efforts.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Retired
tneil

Let me see what I can dig up
Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Trusted Contributor
designkros
My Device: -

The JAM is in a month! Better it is not BETA at the JAM or I am gonna kill myself!

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

[ Edited ]

designkros wrote:

The JAM is in a month! Better it is not BETA at the JAM or I am gonna kill myself!

Don't expect a public release at BB Jam. Before a major AIR runtime upgrade is released to the general public, developers will to test their apps on the new runtime, and any issues will need to be fixed by either BB or the dev. This is usually done in the form of a beta.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Trusted Contributor
designkros
My Device: -

I don't expect it but it also makes me very sad when I know this final release will not come sooner than in several months.