Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
designkros
My Device: -

Re: Stage3D

That's what I'm saying :smileyvery-happy: Testing it in simulator is the same like in Flash Builder.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

BB would have had to figure out how to update the OS to specific devices that dont require it to go thru the carrier. If they got that to work, that alone would be great.

But yes. Hard to test without it on the device. Hopefully that is obvious to them. I have a Dev Alpha C, so it might work there, but not on a Z10 supported by a carrier.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

10.2 will be available as a beta download for those with Dev Alphas. I'm not sure what the status is on getting a beta on retail devices so I'm asking around internally. I'll let you know what I find out.

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros

It might be distributed to the devices throuh the autoloader that is now used to revive the bricked devices. And as the leaked OSs. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros

dmalik wrote:

10.2 will be available as a beta download for those with Dev Alphas. I'm not sure what the status is on getting a beta on retail devices so I'm asking around internally. I'll let you know what I find out.

And what about the Z10 Limited Edition? Thank you for asking around :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

[ Edited ]

Let's hope the Z10 LE will always be able to get updates via autoloader.  Hard for devs to do real world testing ahead of carrier rollouts otherwise.  Devs need max lead time to confirm bug fixes before going live to users, and we have seen that users are willing to torch devs in reviews for anything and everything that is or isn't the devs' fault.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

jtegen wrote:
BB would have had to figure out how to update the OS to specific devices that dont require it to go thru the carrier. If they got that to work, that alone would be great.

So I found out that it is possible to load a beta SDK build on to retail devices. There was a devblog post about this for 10.1 here - http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/04/blackberry-10-1/.

The article mentions this KB article as to how to reload the carrier build back on to your device once you're done testing - http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=24A5EE78E5A7CF7DF3E3AAFD1EB1602A?...

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros

So now is officially the beginning of June and we all are expecting the Stage3D very very soon :smileyhappy: What are your bets on dates?

Please use plain text.
Developer
jayvd
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Anyone knows example of apps (on iOS or Android) that uses stage3d?

Apps not games.

Thanks
jayvdiyk.com
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
designkros

You should check Recce - New York (or other cities they did) or DeezCover (which is made with Feathers UI - other examples on www.feathersui.com/showcase)
Please use plain text.