Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Stage3D

AIR 3.3/3.4 is being planned for BB10. Expect to see it early next year after BB10 is out. Expect some serious performance increases.
Someone is looking into getting the QNX controls supported under NME to see if it can be done. If it can, then that would open up a lot for a lot of people. But if Stage3d does what we think it can, it may not be needed to get the increase performance.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zayen
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Tn

Hi all,

Here's is my graduation project using stage3D. actually I'm developing  on the Playbook and I think that upgrading Adobe Air is a must-have feature to enrich the applications on portable devices.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Eomono
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: -

It's been a month since I dared to use Stage3D and I coulnd't be happier, the performance boost is astounding and I am really excited for all the possibilities.

I wanted to upgrade a game I published on the Playbook and keep developing using Stage3D, but It disappointed me to know that this is not currently achievable.

Please, we need AIR 3.2 and Stage3D for the Playbook!

Please use plain text.
Developer
billbsb
My Device: Playbook, Z10 L.E.
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

I hope BB10 get's the latest available Adobe AIR Runtime at the time - could be even the "Folsom" version. Or at least Adobe AIR 3.5 which is a release focused on performance, stability and security.

Here's the official Adobe roadmap for Flash and AIR: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html

BUT ... that's not RIM's plans. RIM has a different agenda. We'll see.

Cheers!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

As it has been said before, AIR 3.4 will not occur until *after* BB10 release. Most likely in the spring of 2013. The resources needed are being occupied with BB10 development with the NDK and other core services.
Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

sooooo..............has anyone heard anything new :smileyhappy: ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CaptainN
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

I wonder how important this is to most folks at this point. With all that's gone on on Adobe's side - is there still a ton of interest in this for BB devices? My interest has certainly waned over the last year. I'll be looking more closely at Loom, NME and things like that.

Just curious what others are thinking.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

If stage3d can make AIR apps just as fast as native apps, and it is an easier API to manage, and your app can run on other devices, I think that would be of great interest to many.
Please use plain text.
Developer
TongueDar
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: Not relevant.

I hope this happens.  AIR's performance with Stage 3D is excellent now days under Android and IOS.  I really like my PlayBook and this would bring it back into the loop.

And on a different front, Windows 8 RT no longer disables Flash and MS has enabled it by default with an update, so maybe Adobe and MS will finally announce AIR support for that platform?

Please use plain text.