Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
drfrancky
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: no carrier

Strange delays in appworld approval process

After reading about few people applications delayed because of approval process i decided to share my experience regarding this matter.

On Oct 24, 2011 10:57:57 i posted my first app for approval. On Oct 25, 2011 08:02:50 i got denied message. The reason (which is irelevant for what i am pointing out) was " when I try to search anything, always get playback error result." . The application is stream player and have nothing to do with "searching". It's more put a url and watch thingy :-)

Anyway the important part is that i got a response on the next day.

Then on the same day Oct 25, 2011 15:49:09 i resubmited new version of the application with clear guidance than one should put full url and not "search". On Oct 26, 2011 07:59:03 my application was approved. Again notice - one day difference between submiting and approving.

On Oct 26, 2011 10:55:29 i requested info and icon change on the same application and again one day later Oct 27, 2011 01:45:00 i got that sorted out.

On Oct 27, 2011 21:46:52 i submited my second application for approval. On Oct 28, 2011 09:02:39 i got response that my application is denied because i need to do name change. The name of the application was "Facebook ....." and they wanted it changed to "..... for Facebook" . Anyway, again one day difference....

Notice the pattern , they need one day to act on my requests. Seems like very good service. But now comes the strange part.

On Oct 28, 2011 09:16:15 i resubmited that application (with increased version number) with changed name. Since then there is no response from appworld team.

As you can see when they wish they can act on the next day. Strange thing is that it's taking (now) 4 days just for name change. I dont wanna spend my next 4 months waiting and wondering whats up like the other guys did (there is several posts in this forum about delayed apps". For me this is clear indication that someone is not doing his job. If you check new applications in AppWorld for that week one will see that there is no increased value of new applications approved which mean that appworld team is not overwhelmed with requests. Everything seems normal on appworld - same value applications get approved each day. This leads to conclusion that appworld team is deliverable stalling to answer.

My question is is someone not doing his job correctly or there is something more going in appworld team. 

Playbook Stream Player
Please use plain text.
Developer
soaman
My Device: Z10

Re: Strange delays in appworld approval process

[ Edited ]

To be more productive the BB team works on the next item (app) rather then waits on you. I noticed that in my cases. For example, I had to change PlayBooCalc into Sci Calc and I also waited for some time to become visible at app world. In other case I had to fulfill digital rights text. But in all cases it was my fault (legal or other) and I believe I am getting mature in app world submittions.

I never been approved in one day, but in between 10 and 45 days (my first app).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drfrancky

I am not saying it's not my fault :-) It's clearly my fault - in one case it seems the UI was not clear what the user should do (which i can argue about but...), and on the second app the name was not correct which i fully accpet.

Also , note that i added the app as a new release with increased version number so this mean that it's a "new" app for them and not a old item where they need to wait for me. It's new item (app) and it should go in the queue with the other new apps. In my prev app this operation took 1 day to be acted upon. I am wondering why now it takes so more time ?

Do they lack enought appdev team members ? To me it's more that first app ended up for review in somebody who is more productive than the current one or there is some bug in the vendor portal :-)

What i am trying to say is that RIM should be aware of people frustration on long delays. If they wish to keep developers they should do their best to act quick and acurate.

Playbook Stream Player
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drfrancky

For a simple launcher.... amazing...

Posted:Dec 08, 2011 14:36:01By:         App World SFM         

Ticket Status changed from Waiting on Test House to Pending Content Review
Posted:Nov 28, 2011 23:14:25By:         App World SFM         

Ticket Status changed from New to Waiting on Test House
Playbook Stream Player
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drfrancky

and on my second app no response at all :

Posted:Nov 28, 2011 23:14:21By:         App World SFM         

Ticket Status changed from New to Waiting on Test House

Some one needs to start doing his job.

Playbook Stream Player
Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA
My Carrier: NA

I have two apps stuck in limbo from Oct 28th as well. RIM has not replied to any of my emails. And one has 6 subsequent service packs I imagine they still havent looked at. Their vendor support has been very nonexistent for me right from day one. But it is a good thing I dont rely on RIM for anything atm.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drfrancky

yea, mine apps are stuck as well. as a result i am no longer developing for playbook at the moment. if thats how they treat us then good job rim - you managed to piss off your customers, now you managed to piss off your developers.

I dont wanna generalise but what i found was that one of my app is tested from Indonesia... probably this is the problem. Rim should not use cheap labor for important stuff. or if they do it, they need better management.
Playbook Stream Player
Please use plain text.
Developer
shawnblais
My Device: Not Specified

Strange, I've submitted 3 apps in the last couple months and they were all approved in the same 4-5 day time. If region matters I'm in Canada.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@KernEd: Any of the apps a IM app?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
drfrancky

both of my 2 stuck apps are ... shortcut web launchers !

Playbook Stream Player
Please use plain text.