Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Reply
New Developer
Scottapotamas
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎01-01-2011
My Device: Torch, Playbook Sim

Submitting a update before v1 is approved?

I submitted my v1 on the 5th of january using the first sdk with no loading screen etc, and when the newer sdk was released I added some extra functionality and the loading screen.

 

My first version of the app is still waiting on the testing house. If I submit 1.1 for approval, will that affect 1.0 in any way or will 1.0 continue as usual, and 1.1 be added to the back of the queue? I don't want my update to halt any progress on the 1.0...

 

I can't find any documentation regarding the behaviour of the review process in respect to multiple versions being in review simultaneously.

 

 

------------------------------------

My App
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
Posts: 6,541
Registered: ‎10-27-2010
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Submitting a update before v1 is approved?

It has been generally agreed to wait until yout get approval.  Any re-submits may backlog the testing process further.  We all have to re-submit when signing is available, so any enhancements can be submitted with that update of your app.  If your app gets "rejected" because of a bug, you will be able to re-submit with those changes.  It is of course up to you what you do, but the general feel from the forum is to wait until signing or any rejections from the testing team.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
nolantouchstone
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎08-13-2008
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Submitting a update before v1 is approved?

Prior to the forum dicussion about not submitting a second version, I found a major bug in my application. So I submitted a new version and added a comment on the first version with information about the bug and included the change ticket number of the new version.

 

The second version was not sent to the test house, it says "Waiting on Vendor." Not quite sure what this status means. Neither has been approved one was submitted on January 4th and the revison on January 10th.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
Posts: 865
Registered: ‎08-31-2009
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Submitting a update before v1 is approved?

Submitting a second version did not hold up anything for me. Still it is not entirely necessary...


Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
New Developer
reelportal
Posts: 38
Registered: ‎01-07-2011
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Submitting a update before v1 is approved?

i submitted my ReelPortal video chat/conference app on Jan 7, just updated it a couple days ago, still no words from RIM...

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Scottapotamas
Posts: 32
Registered: ‎01-01-2011
My Device: Torch, Playbook Sim

Re: Submitting a update before v1 is approved?

Well it was approved just yesterday! I guess the apps have to go through that or a streamlined process when signing takes place?

 

Thanks

------------------------------------

My App
Please use plain text.