01-26-2011 06:52 PM
I submitted my v1 on the 5th of january using the first sdk with no loading screen etc, and when the newer sdk was released I added some extra functionality and the loading screen.
My first version of the app is still waiting on the testing house. If I submit 1.1 for approval, will that affect 1.0 in any way or will 1.0 continue as usual, and 1.1 be added to the back of the queue? I don't want my update to halt any progress on the 1.0...
I can't find any documentation regarding the behaviour of the review process in respect to multiple versions being in review simultaneously.
01-26-2011 06:57 PM
It has been generally agreed to wait until yout get approval. Any re-submits may backlog the testing process further. We all have to re-submit when signing is available, so any enhancements can be submitted with that update of your app. If your app gets "rejected" because of a bug, you will be able to re-submit with those changes. It is of course up to you what you do, but the general feel from the forum is to wait until signing or any rejections from the testing team.
01-26-2011 10:37 PM
Prior to the forum dicussion about not submitting a second version, I found a major bug in my application. So I submitted a new version and added a comment on the first version with information about the bug and included the change ticket number of the new version.
The second version was not sent to the test house, it says "Waiting on Vendor." Not quite sure what this status means. Neither has been approved one was submitted on January 4th and the revison on January 10th.
01-27-2011 10:04 AM
Submitting a second version did not hold up anything for me. Still it is not entirely necessary...
01-29-2011 07:28 PM
Well it was approved just yesterday! I guess the apps have to go through that or a streamlined process when signing takes place?